Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Audio, Telematics & Lighting : Cell phone booster

Page 1 of 1 1
Cell phone booster
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/31/2006 3:15 PM
KERR

Date registered: Dec 1899
Cell phone booster

We have a LOT of dead spots and dropped call in my area, along with plain flat no service. Its to the point of ever other day now I have no service, one reason is the mountains and the other is our business is growing and we are going places we never have before. At anyrate, im getting tired of driving to X spot to inspect something and then having to drive 5-10 miles back out of the hills to get the phone to work.

So I started looking at these booster and google pulled up a company called Wilson. Here is the link to the booster. Its seem they make too, one is sorta hidden in the car and resends the signal to an external antenna on your roof or bumper. the other works the same way but you have to plug it into your phone and will only work on one phone.

This is the one I think I like, again I don't know jack about this stuff and I know a lot of you know this like the back of your hand. So if you think there is something better out there by all means let me know.

http://www.alternativewireless.com/cellular-antennas/Wilson-antenna...

Also it says I will need an external antenna. Any suggestion on that? This is the link to the antennas that they say will work with my phone. I have Motorola V 710.

http://www.alternativewireless.com/Motorola/Motorola-v710-accessori...

Edited by KERR 7/31/2006 3:17 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/4/2006 8:00 PM
Ed Mclass
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 1958 180a, 2010 GLK, 2000 G 500, 2005 SLK 350
Re: Cell phone booster

There is also a gizmo for inside the phone, but I don't think they work.
#35464 - in reply to #34018
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1