Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class : a custom w123?

Page 1 of 1 1
a custom w123?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/7/2006 5:28 AM
iNeon

Date registered: Dec 1899
a custom w123?

I do love my Shlomo car, but I'm itching for something different! It really can't replace the neon because as youall know.... a car that gets 35mpg is irreplacable at this time!

I was thinking of a 300cd body with a 240d engine and manual transmission. I want more usable power, but I DO NOT WANT THE ADDED COMPLEXITY A TURBO ADDS. That may keep this discussion rather limited, but thats the short of it--

I assume they never produced a 240cd with manual window winders, sunroof and hubbies, did they? A 230ce may be the ticket, but those are exceedingly rare and parts would be problematic since they never officially imported it, and it doesn't exist in dealer parts catalogues!

I'd like to stay with the w123 chassis because it is modern in design, but vintage in construction-- It really is the perfect car! Is there anything here or am I just shooting in the dark? I don't want less fuel economy, I don't want a more complex engine design or moody power options-- just a car that people don't honk and flash at when I 'accelerate' from a red light-- a car that can stop at a stop sign on a hill and actually proceed through the intersection at something other than a snail's pace.

Maybe Shlomo just needs the linkages adjusted and the filters changed *again* Man, I'm tired of that!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 11:02 AM
BenzDieselTuner

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: a custom w123?

a 240 CD is also something that i have considered........it would be neat, ESPECIALLY with a manual............
#36400 - in reply to #36050
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1