Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Audio, Telematics & Lighting : W211 iPod integration installation

Page 1 of 1 1
W211 iPod integration installation
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 7:29 PM
fgwinn

Date registered: Dec 1899
W211 iPod integration installation

Is it feasible to do a self-install of the iPod integration kit? I purchased a kit which does not include installation instructions. I could probably find the instructions somewhere. I am wondering if the activation with Star Diagnostics can be handled at the very end after everything is installed. Has anyone had their dealer activate the iPod kit after doing a self-install?

One annoyance is that the iPod module is installed in the same exact spot that I installed the Motorola IHF 1000 car phone kit. So the first thing I have to do is relocate the car phone kit.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 10/12/2006 12:19 PM
mark cummins

RE: W211 iPod integration installation

Its a Lot of work to install the OE I Pod kit into the W211...Try the WIS it WILL have all the Info you may need
#48327 - in reply to #36629
Author
Posted 10/20/2006 2:09 PM
fernweh

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Few Mercedes-Benz, a Toyota Amphibious and a Vespa

mark cummins - 10/12/2006 9:19 AM

Its a Lot of work to install the OE I Pod kit into the W211...Try the WIS it WILL have all the Info you may need

Question: is the i-pod controlled only with the buttons on the steering wheel? Are all the regular ipod functions available, with display on the Command/Nav screen?

I have to make up my mind if I want the ipod interface or the sat radio installed - don't need both.

Thanks for you input.

Karl
#49696 - in reply to #48327
Author
Posted 10/20/2006 10:16 PM
mark cummins

fernweh - 10/20/2006 11:09 AM

mark cummins - 10/12/2006 9:19 AM

Question: is the i-pod controlled only with the buttons on the steering wheel? Are all the regular ipod functions available, with display on the Command/Nav screen?

I have to make up my mind if I want the ipod interface or the sat radio installed - don't need both.

Thanks for you input.

Karl

All Functions remain....

I Would go with the I Pod over Sat radio...NO Monthly fee
#49767 - in reply to #49696
Author
Posted 10/21/2006 10:29 PM
samhmbz

fernweh - 10/20/2006 11:09 AM
Thanks for you input.
Karl

Yes the ipod is controlled only via the steering wheel buttons, except bass/treble ect are controlled on the comand.

The regular main ipod menu is available playlists/artists/ ect. in the instrument cluster, no other menus/settings in ipod.

No options or menus are viewable on the comand screen.

Sam
#49843 - in reply to #49696
Author
Posted 10/21/2006 10:34 PM
samhmbz

fgwinn - 8/8/2006 4:29 PM

Is it feasible to do a self-install of the iPod integration kit? I purchased a kit which does not include installation instructions. I could probably find the instructions somewhere. I am wondering if the activation with Star Diagnostics can be handled at the very end after everything is installed. Has anyone had their dealer activate the iPod kit after doing a self-install?
One annoyance is that the iPod module is installed in the same exact spot that I installed the Motorola IHF 1000 car phone kit. So the first thing I have to do is relocate the car phone kit.

The control unit for the ipod has a little room to move around. The programming could be perfromed afterwards if it is even required alot of vehicles are already programmed............ The IPOD install in the w211/c219/v221 and r171 are not DIY in my opinion.

Sam
#49844 - in reply to #36629
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1