03 E320 Bluetooth problem
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 9/2/2006 8:08 PM
nyclad

Date registered: Dec 1899
03 E320 Bluetooth problem

Hey everyone

Just installed MB v60 phone kit in my 03 E320; also installed MB v60 Bluetooth adapter. The problem is that after successfully pairing Razr cell phone with the adapter, the radio will read “phone not installed” and I can’t make any calls from the radio and I can’t answer any incoming calls. But if I make a call using the Razr, the radio will mute, and I can speak and hear via the hands free system; can also view the phone book. After all calls have ended, it’s back to “phone not installed” same thing happens for incoming calls. I can hear the incoming calls ringing through the car speakers, but to answer the call, I have to use the cell phone, and then the call is transferred to the hands free system. Its like incoming and outgoing calls have to be initiated with the cell phone and then via hands free system.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 9/10/2006 12:31 PM
nyclad

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: 03 E320 Bluetooth problem

Well, fixed the problem I was having with the Bluetooth and hands free system. When I took it to the dealer last week they were pretty much stumped by what was going on. One service rep even claimed that the Bluetooth adapter might be the problem being that Mercedes doesn’t make a Bluetooth adapter for the V60 cradle. Needless to say he felt kind of stupid when I told him that I bought the adapter at his dealership from his parts department. Anyway, they kept the car for the day, but to no avail. Checked version coding, checked all related components, even put a V60 phone in the cradle but Audio 50 still would no recognize the phone. So they came to the conclusion that it was a defective cradle; changed the cradle same problem. So I did some research using the MB WIS CD and found a possible solution to my problem. Software update! Went back to the dealer updated AGW to the latest software also rechecked version coding. Phone still didn’t work. So I went home got my MB V600 phone, managed to make a connection with the V60 cradle, and the phone worked everything worked. Reinserted the Bluetooth adapter, no problems everything works as it’s supposed to. I can now view the phone book, dial and receive calls using Audio 50 and my RAZR.
#44054 - in reply to #42710
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1