Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Coupe and Convertible Forums : W208 CLK Class : Going to get the car detailed in the morning

Page 1 of 1 1
Going to get the car detailed in the morning
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 9:10 PM
bnzcoupe

Date registered: Dec 1899
Going to get the car detailed in the morning

There is a local shop here in Champaign IL called Impressions. I was referred to the shop by a friend. I went and checked in out and man this guy is good. I say a couple of cars he detailed and he does an immaculate job! I saw a 300 zx he did and it looked straight off the showroom floor. He pretty much does everything you can think of to the car. Bugging, wax, interior, exterior, engine....etc. I'll post pics when done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 9:31 PM
jtbeche

RE: Going to get the car detailed in the morning

How much are you getting charged?
#4104 - in reply to #4078
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 9:37 PM
bnzcoupe

$100 for everything. My friend told me $160, but when I got there the owner told me $100 for everything. He's been detailing cars for years, but he just recently got his own shop. I want to support him, plus he has a good rep. I will let you know how everything goes. BTW, my car runs 100% better now. I changed the MAF, oil, fuel and air filters.
#4123 - in reply to #4104
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 9:40 PM
jtbeche

Did you change the fuel filter yourself?  If so, I may take a trip down there if you can give me some pointers.  I've read the DIY's on it but any guidance would be great.

#4132 - in reply to #4123
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 9:56 PM
bnzcoupe

Yeah I did. Man JT, it's easy! The DIY helps alot. But everything is pretty self explanatory. Lift of the rear of your car, you will see a black plastic cover with 4 plastic screws. Pop that off and you will see the filter. Go in the trunk and pop out the #1 fuse, then try and start your car about 10 times untl if won't start anymore. This clears the fuel lines of pressure. Go back under the car and remove the filter from the bracket. Only one screw holding it.

There are four lines on the filter that are all different sizes, and they are all labeled. You definitely want to take some vice grips or c clamps and clamp off the one labeled "TANK" or else that $3.50 a gallon gas you have will be all on the ground and in your eyes...lol There is another larger hose that needs to be clamped to. Once you clamp those 2, remove them and the other 2 and put the new filter on. I suggest doing one line at a time. It pretty simple JT, it shouldn't take more that 20 min. I got a bosch filter from autohauz.com let me know if you need some help.

PLEASE do not forget to clamp those hoses, I forgot to do one of them because it wasn't stated in the DIY and I got gas all in on my face. It was only $2.75 at the time....lol
#4156 - in reply to #4132
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 10:08 PM
jtbeche

If you want to start a new thread on the step by step on this (which you basically just did) I'll throw it in the DIY's here. 
#4175 - in reply to #4156
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 10:10 PM
acb3nz

Re: Going to get the car detailed in the morning

Thats cheap. I paid $400 to get my whole car detail in and out including engine and trunk.
#4183 - in reply to #4078
Author
Posted 4/27/2006 10:21 PM
jtbeche

Re: Going to get the car detailed in the morning

I agree.  When I first bought my car I paid someone about $150 just to basically wash and wax it and to clean the interior.  He did also take the passenger side seat out and get a stain out of the carpet so that was nice. 

It looked really nice but now that I know about detailing I'm just going to do it myself here sometime soon.

#4203 - in reply to #4183
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 7:54 AM
blackbenzz

$100? Thats really good! I should get my car detailed there, too bad its so far away!
#4490 - in reply to #4078
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1