Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W124 E,CE,D,TD Class : rear left window regulator

Page 1 of 1 1
rear left window regulator
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 11/21/2006 6:29 PM
monicaE320

Date registered: Dec 1899
rear left window regulator

I need a new one of these anyone have any leads, I really dont wanta pay 348.00 for it. How do you take the door apart? If I buy a manual will it tell me how to do that? the collision place wants to charge me 586.65 for this...I think I need a new mercedes...sheesh!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 11/25/2006 7:04 PM
PaulX608

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s): 2004 ML350, 2002 Sebring Limited
RE: rear left window regulator

I put a right rear one in my '93 400E a lil while back. The rear ones are all one unit and cable drive. That's why they're expensive. The fronts use a scissor type deal that can be seperated from the motor if only part fails. As far as removing the door panel, it's pretty easy. Remove the trim piece around the door latch handle to expose the bolt holding the top of the door pull. Remove the door pull bolt(10mm). Seperate the door latch rod from the operating handle by lifting up. Push the door latch assembly toward the front of the car to unhook it from the door and remove it. Unscrew the lock knob from it's shaft. Remove the window switch from it's plug. Remove the ashtray. Now lift the whole panel up. It may be stuck, but it will move. Push up on the armrest and all aroung the bottom edge of the panel. Do not pull it away from the door before it unhooks or you WILL break the tabs off. There are several tabs holding the panel to the door. You'll have to lift it up about an inch or so before it lets go. Disconnect the puddle light leads and you're free. From there any handy DIY'er should be able to do this job. Don't forget to tape the window most of the way up. This will give you room to work as well as keeping the glass from falling. Rule of thumb for this job: if you can't get the door panel off, let someone else do the job. Took me about 1 hour.
#54282 - in reply to #53921
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1