Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Audio, Telematics & Lighting : CD changer connections quandry query

Page 1 of 1 1
CD changer connections quandry query
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/5/2006 8:12 PM
jbmarkets

Date registered: Dec 1899
CD changer connections quandry query

Fewest words to explain "fully:"
SAW a 350 SDL in close-up pics on Ebay, had original Becker (1432) CD-changer-ready stereo facing in the console, and mounted in-trunk was a said to be working Sony CDX-A15 10 disc cd changer. My conclusion, must be compatible!

Wanting to add a changer to my 350 SDL, (but anticipating would eventually want iPod capable system anyway that would make changer superfluous, so didn't justify big expense) (like the $400 my indep. sales-service guy wants for used MB orig equip changer unit he has on hand, and which we hooked up to test, and it worked.)

Found a Sony CDX A-15
(just like the one had seen installed with the same Becker in the ebay pix)
so bought the Sony with its 13 Pin DIN data cable.

There "aint no" 13 PIN DIN receptacle in the 350 SDL Becker's trunk tuner-amp (and apparently the MB orig. OR the Alpines each need power connection to amp-tuner and ...?, besides the Data cable connection, and the Alpines connections appear to be some form of a split cable, 3-headed monster in total.

I checked various forums, and searched www.pie.net. I checked and called Crutchfield. To no avail.

Would anyone know how the Sony CDX A-15 could have-will connect to the Becker 1432 tuner-amp in the trunk?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 1/4/2007 11:20 PM
jbmarkets

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: CD changer connections quandry query

Fugeddabout the changer. I "solved" the problem.
I got an iPod.
#58462 - in reply to #55920
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1