Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W210 E Class : New owner, new to to the site...

Page 1 of 1 1
New owner, new to to the site...
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 3/15/2007 4:09 PM
rmeneses

Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle(s): 2007 E350 2010 Honda CR-V (I work for Honda R& D)

New owner, new to to the site...

Hello all,

Around September of 06 I purchased a 02 E320 with about 60k mi. extended the warranty to 100k mi. Purchased it at Auto Stiegler of Encino (now Mercedes Benz of Encino Ca.) She's black on black with the six spoke wheels, Bose Speakers, beautifully nice & understated car. I had Mercedes of South Bay (I live in Redondo Beach) replace the drivers visor mirror cover and they said I would probably need to have the spark plugs, and Air/Fuel Filters replaced when I bring the car in for it's "B" service (if I bring it in) The "B" service "starts" at $300+, the spark plugs $300+, the Air/Fuel filter replacement $300+. Am I missing something here? $300 for what amounts to an oil change and a once-over? $300 each for the other two procedures? This car will break me if I let the dealer fleece me like this. Any thoughts? I was wondering if I would void the warranty by doing this stuff myself?

Thanks for any imput,

Ramon
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 3/15/2007 7:16 PM
storm

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: New owner, new to to the site...

not too sure about the warranty but i'd try to get the work done ANYWHERE else except the stealership. Hopefully a US member would be able to clarify the warranty question.

I should poit out that you car will have 12 plugs which an be expensive but i cannot understand why the oil change is so expensive since they use a "toploader" to suck the oil out of the dipstick slot.

Post up some pics of your ride buddy, and welcome to P3.
#67068 - in reply to #67036
Author
Posted 3/16/2007 3:28 PM
rmeneses

Date registered: Mar 2007
Vehicle(s): 2007 E350 2010 Honda CR-V (I work for Honda R& D)

Thanks for the welcome to the site, I'll post a pic when I figure out how to do that... I kind of figured that it was just way too expensive to take to the dealer, then during one of their "inspections" I know they'll find something I may not even need to have addressed, and you know, in that situation you sometimes have to trust that they are being forthcoming and not trying to sell you parts and services your car does not need.
#67138 - in reply to #67036
Author
Posted 3/16/2007 6:58 PM
AsianML

Date registered: Dec 1899

I found that buying the oil, oil filter, etc. only cost $100. $200 worth of labor? It only takes 30-45 minutes tops. I haven't used a vacuum pump to suck out the oil, so I can't comment on how long that takes.
#67156 - in reply to #67138
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1