Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Audio, Telematics & Lighting : GPS...

Page 1 of 1 1
GPS...
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/4/2007 3:08 AM
AndrewAZ

Date registered: Dec 1899
GPS...

So I got my TomTom Navigator 6 software for my cell phone... All I can say is wow the best GPS software I have used, the routes were very detailed along with very quick at calculating routes on my freaking cell phone.. At most it took 10 -20 seconds to calculate a route, on the MB navigation it takes forever and the menus are slow to open, not the case on TomTom everything is instant.. As for routes being detailed I did a test run in a "complicated" area to a fast food joint, on the Mercedes nav it would put me on the right street and when I passed it it would say destination reached, the only problem was the road is divided and you cant cut over. Well TomTom knew this and told me to continue passed the food place and then make a U turn at the correct street which is the only way in... So Nav DVD from 06 vs new TomTom, this road is at least 10 year old yet on my 900mb of maps on tomtom it has more detail than the 4 gigs of junk on the Merc Nav DVD, and yes that 900mb covers the entire USA.

Again Most impressive feature is the speed and navigation between menus. What ever car company teams up with TomTom and lets TomTom do the entire car navigation and integration will make a lot of money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1