Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Audio, Telematics & Lighting : Use Phone Input For iPod?

Page 1 of 1 1
Use Phone Input For iPod?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/19/2007 8:13 AM
Ryanoscerous

Date registered: Dec 1899
Use Phone Input For iPod?

Is there any way to use the phone input on the head unit as an iPod input? I don't want to give up my CD changer to access the fiber optic system on my 2001 E430. Seems like it could work, but I haven't seen any products out there to do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/19/2007 1:36 PM
BenzDieselTuner

Re: Use Phone Input For iPod?

in theory it may work, but i bet that the input isnt Stereo.......then again, maybe it is.......
#74978 - in reply to #74948
Author
Posted 5/22/2007 9:31 AM
Ryanoscerous

RE: Use Phone Input For iPod?

Just bought the Dension Gateway 500. I'll post with my impressions.
#75260 - in reply to #74948
Author
Posted 5/25/2007 11:13 AM
Ryanoscerous

RE: Use Phone Input For iPod?

I installed a Gateway 500 d2b in my 2001 E430 4matic. The process was simple, but I was unable to get it working in a manner which allowed me to keep my CD changer. The iPod would connect to the GW500 and everything was powered up, but no matter what I tried I could not get the HU to switch to the GW500 input. Eventually, after 10 chats with support I just removed the CD Changer from the optic ring, and voila... the unit worked. The sound quality is fantastic, and I chose to use the iPod UI rather than the GW500. The tracks can be selected from the steering wheel ( although the cluster display and HU display is wrong about track number). The iPod charges when the ignition is on, and automatically pauses playback when I turn the HU off, (Great for running errands with a lot of of stops) then resumes playback with no user input. My biggest complaint... aside from the tech support offered by retailers, there is nothing in the package. No users manual, installation instructions. My unit came with what appeared to be the wrong optical harness ( i have audio 10. comand harness included), but it seemed to work with the exception of the CD changer issue. For motivated self starters only.
#75649 - in reply to #74948
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1