Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Technical Forums : Mercedes-Benz Audio, Telematics & Lighting : Mercedes SAP2 Bluetooth adaptor & Nokia N95

Page 1 of 1 1
Mercedes SAP2 Bluetooth adaptor & Nokia N95
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/22/2007 4:29 PM
KGP

Date registered: Dec 1899
Mercedes SAP2 Bluetooth adaptor & Nokia N95

Can anyone help regarding if the Mercedes SAP2 Bluetooth adaptor (B67876125) works with the Nokia N95? My local Mercedes dealer will go only by the book which does not include the N95, probably because it is too new.

Nokia claims that all Nokia smartphones based on S60 3rd edition software support SAP.

My car is a CLS500 (2005) with prewiring and cradle installed.

Regards

Ken
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/10/2007 5:56 PM
richarda

Date registered: Mar 2007

Re: Mercedes SAP2 Bluetooth adaptor & Nokia N95

I just tried this on a new A class, and it works - when you do the phonebook download (by dialing 0000) it identifies the different numbers per contact (by adding /M /W /H for the various types to the name)

R
#85446 - in reply to #75304
Author
Posted 8/25/2007 3:18 AM
MBphones

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Mercedes SAP2 Bluetooth adaptor & Nokia N95

Yes we can help.

We have a bluetooth interface module designed for non UHI MB vehicles which fits into the fixed Benz noika 6310 cradle.
What you have to do is first purchase a nokia 6310i UHI cradle for a Benz dealer then fit our BT interface moduel.
The system will pair up ok, however you will have to send you phone book over one by one by bluetooth.
A little painfull but it does work.

Reguards Steve
#86893 - in reply to #75304
Author
Posted 11/30/2007 5:30 PM
richarda

Date registered: Mar 2007

Re: Mercedes SAP2 Bluetooth adaptor & Nokia N95

I've been playing with this device (available from www.comandonline.co.uk) - and it seems to work nicely.

The car thinks its a Nokia 6150/6210/6310 and it then bluetooths to the phone. Some phones it downloads phonebook, some you have to send the phonebook manually.

It works superbly in cars with the fixed cradles (i.e those with a curly lead attaching cradle to the car). It even works with iPhone and the old Nokia 6310i

Where the car has D2B UHI (i.e changeable cradles, and CD based COMAND) there are issues with how much of a large phonebook is downloaded. This is not an issue with this cradle, but its due tho the D2B UHI phone controller having about 250 memory locations, but reserving 1 for each possible SIM entry, even if the entry is empty. Vodafone UK sims have 200 memory slots. The same issue happens with the genuine MB bluetooth SAP cradles (the one that retails at £350). To make it work with UHI cars, a 6310i cradle must be installed in the car. The genuine MB bluetooth HFP (i.e the one that can be bought for around £210 retails at about £250) cradle does not work with D2B cars (CD based COMAND)- you get echo.

I ran out of time during my test with a W211 E, 6310i cradle and this device - it didnt download the phonebook from my 6310i, but i'm 99% sure that is because I didnt wait long enough to download the 200+ entry phonebook - as I said, I ran out of time.

My gut feel says, if you have MOST based UHI (W211 and other cars with DVD based COMAND) you should use the MB genuine HFP cradle - especially if you have a Nokia, iPhone, Blackberry or any other of the phones officially supported.

I've written up a document about Mercedes and bluetooth cradles, its at http://www.mercupgrades.com/Choosing+Bluetooth+Cradle+f...

Hope its useful to someone

R
#98184 - in reply to #75304
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1