Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class : 1st Time Poster Here! (2 Questions For Y'all)

Page 1 of 1 1
1st Time Poster Here! (2 Questions For Y'all)
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/31/2007 4:30 AM
xtreasurehunter

Date registered: Dec 1899
1st Time Poster Here! (2 Questions For Y'all)

Hello all, nice to see another good MB forum going strong. Ima visiting from Benzworld.org and daily drive a:

'84 300D Turbo Diesel
210K Miles
W123 Chassis
3rd Loving Owner
Lots of records, pretty well cared for

A work in progress of course, but I just finished a complete rebuild of the front suspension (rear looks all sagging now ), steering and brakes. Probably dropped a good $1000-1200 at Autohaus in the past 6 weeks. Anyhow, worth it! This baby drives SO much nicer now.

First question: I couldn't find the torque spec for the Outer Bushing Hex Bolt on the Lower Control Arm. Consequently, after driving 150 miles (unavoidable) and a gradually worsening vibration/clucking noise I probably ruined the Left Outer Bushing and possibly the Guide Rod as well. I am looking to replace these again soon, but still can't find the torque spec. Anybody PLEASE have this? Benzworld always blows off these types of questions.

Second question: Where is a safe/secure place to put the jack stands? Last time, I put them under the holes where the emergency jacks goes. It seemed secure enough, but resulted in some minor cosmetic damage to that area. Easily repairable, but I don't wanna push my luck.

Thanks in advance!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/2/2007 11:47 PM
BenzDieselTuner

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: 1st Time Poster Here! (2 Questions For Y'all)

i sent you an email.....

Edited by BenzDieselTuner 6/2/2007 11:48 PM
#77028 - in reply to #76575
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1