Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W211 E Class : Brake job......HEY ECLASSERS!

Page 1 of 1 1
Brake job......HEY ECLASSERS!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/3/2006 11:39 PM
ThrillKill

Date registered: Dec 1899
Brake job......HEY ECLASSERS!

Howdy all.

The Eclass shares many characteristics to the CLK and I want to do my own pad and rotor job. Expecting Axxis ultimate pads and 4 new slotted/drilled rotors any day now and am unable to find a decent "how to" on the subject. MBWorld's write up is missing pictures and MercedesShop's "do-it-yourself" article is so full of negative variables that it put me off. Has anyone done their own brakes? Difficult? Do I need to change sensors? Help! TIA

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/4/2006 8:23 PM
fgwinn

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Brake job......HEY ECLASSERS!

The basics rotor and caliper design may be the same, but, you do not have to deal with the SBC brake system in the CLK. You may want to check out the R170 or R171 forums to see if they have some suitable pictures. I think there may be more DIYers in the SLK forums and the design and procedures should be very close to your CLK.

I am at 33K miles in my E500 and with my current driving pattern I am expecting to replace the original tires and pads at the 50K mark. The last time I checked the rotor thickness (25K miles) I still had about 1.65mm of material left before reaching the minimum 30mm mark. In other words, it will be a the end of the Summer before I document my DIY brake job. I am hopeful that my rotors take me to between 80K and 100K miles.

ThrillKill - 5/3/2006 11:39 PM

The Eclass shares many characteristics to the CLK and I want to do my own pad and rotor job.
#8635 - in reply to #8173
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1