Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W211 E Class : W211 AMG Package????

Page 1 of 1 1
W211 AMG Package????
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/24/2007 10:50 PM
Darkmann

Date registered: Dec 1899
W211 AMG Package????

This was back in April:
I was just at the dealer's lot drooling around and saw a 350 and 350 4-Matic with the AMG Sport Package. Really nice looking with the AMG front/rear bumpers and the massive 18xZ.Y rim/tire combo. However, I can't configure this option at the MBUSA site. How does one get this option on, say, a E550? The sticker on the 350 said Option 749 Key to the Cure Edition!!! Among other things, it includes the AMG front/rear facia, X-drilled front rotors, massive 18" tires, Blk Metallic paint, Panorama sunroof, DVD NAV, SIRRIUS, BiXenons, Heated Seats, some kind of tan leather interior. It looks very good but I can't configure this on MBUSA. Anyone knows how to configure this package?

I later found out that edition was a Cure for Cancer collaboration between MB and some cancer group and that that package came only in the 350.

Well, this is Today

Today I was back browsing my local dealer and saw some more 350 4-Matic with the AMG package - the whole nine yards. Looks soooo much better than the 550 Sport. But this one didn't have any "Cure Edition" on the sticker. My battery wouldn't cooperate when I tried to take some pics later. Anyway, the vehicle is a 07 E350 4-MATIC loaded, MSRP $61,835.00. Two particular options of interest:

P02 Premium Package II
- this is common
320 AMG Sports Package (costing $2k) - this I can't find anywhere on MB's site. In addition, here's what this package includes:

- All season tires
- Load + Index
(what is this???)
- Delete Elegance Badging (what is this???)
- AMG Sportline
- AMG Wheels
- Appearance Code
- Avant Garde Package (Sport)

What are these packages? AMG Sportline, Appearance Code, Elegance Badging???? What are these and how does one get hold of a 550 with similar options???

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/25/2007 12:40 PM
AsianML

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: W211 AMG Package????

Did you catch the build dates on the two? Someone on BW mentioned them adding some '08 options to late build '07s.

MB wording pisses me off, so Elegance badging is the only thing that is familiar to me. In the foreign market they'll have Elegance on the lower door trim in the front. If you've ever been to Canada and seen an E, you'll sometimes see that.
#80205 - in reply to #80162
Author
Posted 6/25/2007 1:00 PM
lkchris
Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle(s): '07 GL320CDI, '06 E320CDI
RE: W211 AMG Package????

In rest of world E-class are available in three levels of trim, i.e. Classic, Elegance, and Avantgarde.

All USA E-class are Elegance spec except for AMG versions, but the badge that says "Elegance" (just behind front wheel) is deleted on USA models.

#80210 - in reply to #80162
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1