Page 1 of 1 1
Loss of Power
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/30/2007 10:17 AM
G350DT

Date registered: Dec 1899
Loss of Power

Yesterday I had to travel about 100 Miles and we took the G. I filled up before we left.
About 20 Mins into the trip I was going about 120 km and it felt like someone kept touching the brakes. I thought ahh just wind. It got worse.
After playing with different things while driving, turning off AC and all, I found that if I kept below 100 km that I was OK ish. Would still loose power for a few secs then pick back up.
When I got close to the place, I was stopped at a red light. It turned green and I goosed it. 100% power then almost none.
I was thinking water in fuel but then would that not be all the time,
On the way back I was at 1/2 tank and the issue was almost not there, I felt it a few times if I was going up a hill at 120km for more then a mile.
I was thinking it is either a venting issue or fuel filter.
Anyone ever hear of something like this.
I was freaking on the way as it was to see my oldest son get married, not something to miss...
Thanks All
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/31/2007 11:54 AM
VWBusMan1

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Loss of Power

Could be a number of things yet I'd check for fuel starvation or vacuum first. Changing the filter(s) might do the trick as just one tank of dirty fuel can get one flowing slow. Have had similar symptoms on mine since I added an additional filter. Fortunately, I rarely go over 70mph anyway so I'm not bothered. Good luck, Mark
#84188 - in reply to #84033
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1