Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Sedan Forums : W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class : Car Broke Down!?! HELP!?!

Page 2 of 2 12
Car Broke Down!?! HELP!?!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/15/2006 1:40 AM
iNeon

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Car Broke Down!?! HELP!?!

Is that how auctions work?

I have always been under the impression that being high bidder was a legally binding contract to purchase the car, as presented on eBay, with no negotiations or tire kicking type looking over?

Have I been wrong?

#12394 - in reply to #12385
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/15/2006 2:16 AM
Dieselburns
Expert

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): 78' MB 300D 87 Chief Cherokee

Highest bidder wins the auction! Though some auctions have a reserve, so the only way you can win a bid if you meet or go pass the seller's reserve price. I think ebay has rules on how an auction works, and how to bid etc....
#12402 - in reply to #12394
Author
Posted 5/15/2006 2:18 AM
Dieselburns
Expert

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): 78' MB 300D 87 Chief Cherokee
RE: Car Broke Down!?! HELP!?!

Nutz - 5/15/2006 1:37 AM

Yeah,I read your feedback on eBay..........deadbeat :lmao:

O Yea.... That was years ago, I had some screw ups. I buy madd parts off of ebay....
#12403 - in reply to #12392
Author
Posted 5/15/2006 11:44 AM
BenzDieselTuner

iNeon - 5/15/2006 1:40 AM

I have always been under the impression that being high bidder was a legally binding contract to purchase the car, as presented on eBay, with no negotiations or tire kicking type looking over?

Have I been wrong?

my father, who's a "special" "character" to whom the "rules do not apply" has a life long ban to ebay Deutschland, because of him constantly "buying" used cars there, going up, inspecting them, and not taking them, or paying for them.................

so yes, there IS a binding contract, but some "special" people choose not to follow the rules..........
#12494 - in reply to #12394
Author
Posted 5/15/2006 1:47 PM
iNeon

BenzDieselTuner - 5/15/2006 10:44 AM

iNeon - 5/15/2006 1:40 AM

Have I been wrong?

my father, who's a "special" "character" to whom the "rules do not apply" has a life long ban to ebay Deutschland, because of him constantly "buying" used cars there, going up, inspecting them, and not taking them, or paying for them.................

so yes, there IS a binding contract, but some "special" people choose not to follow the rules..........

So...basically, you are saying that entering a legal contract and walking away from it is ok, as long as the person doing it gives an excuse?

As far as I am concerned, eBay is for people who live in like... Wyoming or the wilds of some other state with very little population density-- I found a perfectly cheap w123 with low miles and in a good condition locally. I live in a minorish metropolitin area(Birmingham has around 1M in the metro area) and had no problems finding local cars without using ebay.

what do I get the feeling of, is that Morph just gets off on the fleeting rush of the "score" and less on the continual rewards of a purchase well made.

I'd liken it to finding something *amazing* at the thrift store, grabbing it, jumping up and down, kicking and screaming-- rushing to the check-out stand and purchasing it in a wild shopping frenzy and being super happy about it.

Until he gets home.. Buyers remoarse sets in, he finds all the flaws in the item and then makes use of whatever return policy they'll let him.. to get out of the long term commitment.

Either that, or he just lies about it all to make friends and enemies on the internet because life in the trailer court isn't exciting enough on its own.
#12556 - in reply to #12494
Author
Posted 5/16/2006 10:16 PM
jdc1244

RE: Car Broke Down!?! HELP!?!

In many areas eBay can be used to locate local cars, like I did; that way you can inspect the car before placing a bid.

#13273 - in reply to #9020
Author
Posted 5/16/2006 11:01 PM
iNeon

So, I am interested if the car was even purchased?

It sounds like Morph bid before he had the money or wanted to walk away from the deal all together.

What happened with this?
#13290 - in reply to #9020
Author
Posted 5/25/2006 3:53 PM
BenzDieselTuner

thats a great question.............

i havent heard from him lately..............

#16098 - in reply to #9020
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12