Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Community forums : General Mercedes-Benz Discussions : Is The Mercedes McLaren P8 Coming?

Page 1 of 1 1
Is The Mercedes McLaren P8 Coming?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/11/2006 12:39 AM
firstmb

Date registered: Dec 1899
Is The Mercedes McLaren P8 Coming?

Over the past few weeks, rumors have been swirling that the McLaren camp may be reviving their road car projects, even going as far as producing a successor to the infamous McLaren F1.

To add a little fuel to the fire, Autoweek is reporting today that not only is McLaren kicking off their road car festivities, they've even brought back the once-scrapped Mercedes P8 project.

The story is based on a statement by McLaren director Martin Whitmarsh, in which he was quoted as saying: “The level of interest in McLaren from Mercedes-Benz is higher than it has ever been... There is a clear commitment to be in F1 in the long term and refreshed interest in road car activities. I think it is increasingly likely there will be a range of sports cars in Woking [McLaren’s manufacturing headquarters] in the future.”

Personally, I recommend taking Autoweek's story with a very, very small grain of salt. Whitmarsh's statements are pretty vague, and implying the P8 is back in development based on those three sentences seems like a pretty big stretch to me.

Either way, we'll keep you posted if we hear anything new.

(p8.jpg)

(p8-2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments p8.jpg (13KB - 2 downloads)
Attachments p8-2.jpg (13KB - 2 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/11/2006 9:44 AM
nomad

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Is The Mercedes McLaren P8 Coming?

Yikes! I hope not if it looks like that
It's like an Audi with Aston Martin tail lights
#9793 - in reply to #9733
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1