Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : "Interesting Thought" Followup - An Example of Excellent Customer Service

Page 1 of 1 1
"Interesting Thought" Followup - An Example of Excellent Customer Service
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 9/8/2006 8:31 AM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
"Interesting Thought" Followup - An Example of Excellent Customer Service

This one is a bit OT, but not really; as this concerns a product used by many here on the forum - Jerry Cans.

Last year I purchased a Scepter Manufacturing Ltd plastic 20 liter (5 gallon) Military Fuel Can (MFC) and three plastic 20 liter Military Water Cans (MWC). I've used the MFC for about a year and like it a lot. It does not leak no matter if it's stored upright or not; and a few scratches are not going to be a starting point for rust. It works very well.

I haven't used the MWC's until I started getting ready for the upcoming Treffen; and I found that all three of the MWC's seep/drip/leak from the fill cap when placed on their side no matter how tight that I turn the cap. I emailed the online merchant where I purchased them, and haven't received a response.

I also emailed the Scepter Mfg corporate contact shown on the Scepter website, but didn't really expect much to come of it. Imagine my happy suprise when I received an email back a few hours later asking me for details on the MWC's and wanting to know the date code moulded in the cans. I sent that info back to them; and within a few minutes I received a response telling me that they would replace all three through another retailer in the Atlanta area, since the cans should not leak. They also asked me to send one of the leakers back to them at their expense so that their QC department can inspect it to determine the cause.

Now that is an example of how Customer Service should be handled! Would I recommend Scepter Jerry Cans or any of their other products? You can bet your 'bippy' on that! Thank you Scepter for standing behind your products and for actually practicing what you preach in your statement of Customer Service!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1