Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Engine Termperature Sensor

Page 1 of 1 1
Engine Termperature Sensor
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 5:54 PM
bigcatny

Date registered: Dec 1899
Engine Termperature Sensor

Here's a new one for me, Check Engine light pops on. Later after overnight it's gone. Had the codes pulled. The fancy computer says 3 codes. 2 of them are enging temperature sensor malfunction. Last is outside temp sensor malfunction. Car functions exactly the same. I do think these faults occurred on 90 plus days so might be related. On one of those days, I washed my car and hosed the underside, when I restarted, CEL was gone again.

Mechanic said wait till it comes on and stays on, then come back and we'll fix it. Sounds about right but, I assume it's an easy swap out. Input or clues to which part is the problem would be appreciated.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 6:04 PM
AndrewAZ

Re: Engine Termperature Sensor

Well if the light went out for the outside temp after you washed the car.. I would assume you just had a dirty sensor. I guess I would play the waiting game also.

Just incase you did not know, the outside temp sensor is located on the lower grill below the main grill I think its on the right side if you are looking head on at the car should be very easy to spot.
#36557 - in reply to #36548
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 7:23 PM
bigcatny

Thanks andrew,

Anyone know where the internal temp sensor is. That's not the one for inside the cabin is it?
#36626 - in reply to #36548
Author
Posted 8/8/2006 8:45 PM
Wolfgang

It's integrated with the oil level sensor.

http://www.conti-online.com/generator/www/de/en/cas/cas/themes/prod...
#36648 - in reply to #36626
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1