Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : I think my car is screwed...

Page 1 of 1 1
I think my car is screwed...
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 9/28/2006 3:27 PM
AndrewAZ

Date registered: Dec 1899
I think my car is screwed...

So I was driving in traffic this morning, car was warmed up I had been driving for 15 mins. Well as I slow to stop for a red light the light turns green so I take my foot of the brake and put it on the gas(going about 5mph), car started to vibrate RPM fluctuated between 500-1500 a few times. It felt like the car was about to stall I put my foot all the way down on the gas and finally the car picked up and everything was normal... Should I be concerned about this? I dont want to get stuck turing left and have the sucker do this or even stall.

I did call my dealer and they told me next time this happens drive the car right to them and dont turn it off so they can get the codes but other than that they could not give me any advice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 9/29/2006 12:17 PM
rudeney

RE: I think my car is screwed...

Mine used to do this.  It was the infamous "hesitation and stalling problem".  It was caused by the ECM not properly adapting to the "summer mix" fuel in combination with high humidity.  I doubt this was your problem, but just know there are some ECM anomalies like this.  Oh, as for my problem, it was never truly resolved.  I had some experimental ECM code put in that helped, but it was never perfect.

#46524 - in reply to #46433
Author
Posted 9/29/2006 1:02 PM
embee

Did you ever get your plugs changed? Mine acted that way before I changed the plugs.
#46529 - in reply to #46433
Author
Posted 9/29/2006 2:22 PM
Wolfgang

Might also be deposit build up in the injectors or valves. Two links with more details explaining it:

http://www.chevron.com/products/prodserv/fuels/additives/concentrat...

http://www.toptiergas.com

Edited by Wolfgang 9/29/2006 2:24 PM
#46533 - in reply to #46433
Author
Posted 9/29/2006 2:44 PM
AndrewAZ

Re: I think my car is screwed...

Car only has 36k miles on it and at last service I asked about plugs and SA told me they should be more than fine. I have noticed that the car seems to vibrate a lot more but i know its not the motor mounts since they got replaced 6-7k miles ago. One more thing I noticed today on start up I could smell gas, I opened my door and could hear the beginning of a Cat going bad so maybe that is the cause of my rough idle at lights and my "stalling". I am going to clean the car today if UPS delivers my new wax then I can inspect closer under the car.
#46535 - in reply to #46433
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1