Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Automatic Sunroof + Windows

Page 1 of 1 1
Automatic Sunroof + Windows
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 9/10/2006 11:11 AM
Benzlova

Date registered: Dec 1899
Automatic Sunroof + Windows

I see that my 02 ML320 has automatic sunroof and windows but some times it just chooses not to work. My sunroof I see it rarely move autmatically when you tap it once and thats only when you slide it backwards to open it. As for the windows they are starting to work on there own mind and whenever they choose to automatically choose to. Ex: Ill start the car, and the drivers side is only automatic, shut off the car, start again and only the Driverside/Rear Left work only. I try it again later on after I get back from shopping and all them work, then it just swaps around and chooses which one should work. Anyone know if this is a common problem? Also how does the automatic sunroof really work?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 9/10/2006 11:39 AM
AsianML

Re: Automatic Sunroof + Windows

Try resynching the windows. Instructions are in your manual.

The auto sunroof; "tap" the button back once, and it'll open 3/4 of the way, tap it again and it'll open all the way. I believe for closing it, when you tap it, it'll close only 1/4 of the way, and you hold the button to close it the rest of the way.
#44032 - in reply to #44027
Author
Posted 9/10/2006 3:11 PM
Benzlova

RE: Automatic Sunroof + Windows

I never recieved a manual for my car, it'd be a good idea cause its coming in handy now.
#44070 - in reply to #44027
Author
Posted 9/10/2006 3:16 PM
embee

To resync the windows, Press 'up' all the way down, after it clicks, and hold there for a 2-3 seconds. Do that to all the switches and auto open/closing should work. As far as the sunroof goes, it only opens 'express', but closing is not auto.
#44073 - in reply to #44027
Author
Posted 9/13/2006 9:56 AM
phoenix44

Benzlova - 9/10/2006 3:11 PM

I never recieved a manual for my car, it'd be a good idea cause its coming in handy now.

I am not certain, but I think that you can download a manual for your ML.........
#44633 - in reply to #44070
Author
Posted 9/13/2006 8:18 PM
AsianML

phoenix44 - 9/13/2006 9:56 AM
Benzlova - 9/10/2006 3:11 PM I never recieved a manual for my car, it'd be a good idea cause its coming in handy now.
I am not certain, but I think that you can download a manual for your ML.........
He could join MBUSA.com's Owner Online and they have PDF files of the owners manual I believe.
#44680 - in reply to #44633
Author
Posted 9/13/2006 11:08 PM
Benzlova

Cool, im already registered there, but I never go there. Thanks for the info.
#44702 - in reply to #44027
Author
Posted 9/14/2006 5:43 PM
rudeney

AsianML - 9/10/2006 10:39 AM Try resynching the windows. Instructions are in your manual. The auto sunroof; "tap" the button back once, and it'll open 3/4 of the way, tap it again and it'll open all the way. I believe for closing it, when you tap it, it'll close only 1/4 of the way, and you hold the button to close it the rest of the way.

That’s right, the sunroof does not have one-touch close; you have to do as Asian says and hold the switch to make it fully close.  The odd thing is that even without a one-touch close function, it does have pinch protection!  Try putting something in front of the glass as it’s closing while you hold the switch – it will bounce back!  I had always wanted to figure out how to override the “comfort” position so I could have one-touch close, but I never figured it out.  I believe the circuit is actually in the motor itself and not some sensor along the track (or at least there was not one I could find, and no notation of it in WIS).

#44763 - in reply to #44032
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1