Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Perplexing FSS Service Request

Page 1 of 1 1
Perplexing FSS Service Request
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/26/2007 1:04 PM
Darkmann

Date registered: Dec 1899
Perplexing FSS Service Request

05 500 with 41,400 miles.

A service was done at 13,100 miles
B service at 27,478 miles
Now it's asking for B service again. I know I'm due for service (at 39000) but I thought it should have been A and not B.

Now, last time I checked (sometime in October), I had about 1,200 miles to service. The truck has been sitting in the garage since then. On my way back from Washington, DC area last night (a 4hr round trip from my home), the double wrench popped up out of nowhere with 500 miles showing. I was perplexed. About 10 minutes later, I manually checked and it had dropped to 200 miles to B service. I was about 1.5hrs from home and I thought that at that rate it'd definitely hit -ve miles by the time I'd have reached home. It stayed at 200 miles.

Also, isn't the service indicator reminder supposed to come on at near 1000 miles. Isn't that right? Mine never did come on, 500 miles to B svce just popped up in the middle of driving. What else other than oil change would cause the B service indicator to come on? So, I'm going in for service sometime next week. However, I'm thinking only A service because I can't think of anything else (besides oil change and a malfunction of some sort) that would trigger B service.

BTW, please no comments bashing the FSS - the system works.

Edited by Darkmann 12/26/2007 1:05 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 1/8/2008 1:39 AM
Tarydesign

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Perplexing FSS Service Request

Found this under WIS for you, It was labelled as "ASSYST influencing factors"..

http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums/get-attachment.php?attachme...

I spotted that if your oil level drops below minimum, your service request may appear!! Well I guess thats actually the correct thing to do-service it!!

Good luck!!
#103866 - in reply to #102281
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1