Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : bas abs etc.

Page 1 of 1 1
bas abs etc.
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 1/15/2008 10:31 AM
phoenix44

Date registered: Dec 1899
bas abs etc.

i THINK i REMEMBER SEEING A POST ABOUT HOW TO CLEAR THE ABS BAS LIGHTS FROM THE CLUSTER BY TURNING THE STEERING WHEEL LOCK TO LOCK?

aNYONE REMEMBER THIS?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 1/15/2008 11:15 AM
Marcelc

RE: bas abs etc.

phoenix44 - 1/15/2008 3:31 PM

i THINK i REMEMBER SEEING A POST ABOUT HOW TO CLEAR THE ABS BAS LIGHTS FROM THE CLUSTER BY TURNING THE STEERING WHEEL LOCK TO LOCK?

aNYONE REMEMBER THIS?

Yes, that's it, just turn the steering wheel from lock to lock and the lights go out, if that's the problem.

I've done it a few times after disconnecting the battery, sometimes it does not need to go fully from lock to lock before the light goes out.
#105026 - in reply to #105021
Author
Posted 1/15/2008 12:05 PM
phoenix44

Marcelc - 1/15/2008 11:15 AM

aNYONE REMEMBER THIS?

Yes, that's it, just turn the steering wheel from lock to lock and the lights go out, if that's the problem.

I've done it a few times after disconnecting the battery, sometimes it does not need to go fully from lock to lock before the light goes out.

Do you think that it could have anything to do with the new rotors and pads? ie, if an abs sensor (if there is one on the rear) could be the problem?

I have tried just shutting the engine off, and they go out??? most of the time. I have tried the lock to lock on the steering wheel.. does not seem to help.
#105029 - in reply to #105026
Author
Posted 1/15/2008 3:53 PM
Marcelc

phoenix44 - 1/15/2008 5:05 PM

Marcelc - 1/15/2008 11:15 AM

aNYONE REMEMBER THIS?

Do you think that it could have anything to do with the new rotors and pads? ie, if an abs sensor (if there is one on the rear) could be the problem?

I have tried just shutting the engine off, and they go out??? most of the time. I have tried the lock to lock on the steering wheel.. does not seem to help.

Could it be the brake light switch?
#105060 - in reply to #105029
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1