Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : One strange ML problem today!!!

Page 1 of 1 1
One strange ML problem today!!!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 1/28/2008 10:06 PM
Darkmann

Date registered: Dec 1899
One strange ML problem today!!!

I usually don't drive my ML to work, but I had no choice today but to take the truck on the 45minutes, all highway drive. I drove my 05 500 to work today. All went well, cruising at near 20mpg, computer display, and I was actually enjoying the annoying rumble of my Dunlop SP Sport 5000. Coming back on a single lane road I flicked up the headlights and bammm!!! in a flash, the speedometer needle dropped to zero like a rock, and every brake related safety light came on - BAS, ETS, parking brake, low disc, brake service light, name it, it was lit!!!! I'm 45 minutes away from local dealer, so I call them and they ask to carefully bring the truck in. On the way, I discover that I'd lost touch shift also - only D would show in the display. The tachometer was dead also!!!! What the heck was going on? I hit the main highway usually packed with cops and I was driving at some unknown slow speed, thinking of all kinds of excuses if I ever got stopped - for, maybe driving too slow on a major highway. I know 55mph usually comes at 2000RPM (the tach was working, thank God), so I tried cruise control - dead also!!!! Oh, boy!!!! Then I notice the trip computer was trickling down my mileage it was falling 1/10gpm about every 30 seconds - yes, I timed it!!! By the time I got to the shop, it was reading 10.1mpg and the truck was somewhat sluggish.

Anyone ever had this happen to them??? A few hours later my SA calls me, ... bad traction system control module. Will be replaced tomorrow while I cruise in a 07 E350. I still have 9K/1yr to warranty expiration and I'm now seriously considering xtended warranty.

Edited by Darkmann 1/28/2008 10:06 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 2/29/2008 1:11 PM
ABenzGuy
Regular

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): '06 ML350; '97 C280
RE: One strange ML problem today!!!

Darkmann - 1/28/2008 10:06 PM

SA calls me, ... bad traction system control module.

First time I've heard this one not that this can't be it if that is what they say. When mine went out similar to yours my alternator had died.

Edited by ABenzGuy 2/29/2008 1:12 PM
#112033 - in reply to #107218
Author
Posted 3/1/2008 12:00 AM
Darkmann

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: One strange ML problem today!!!

Yep, strangely enough, that was the problem. Truck has been running normally since the unit was replaced.
#112130 - in reply to #107218
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1