Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Help.. inconsistent low oil warning message

Page 1 of 1 1
Help.. inconsistent low oil warning message
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 3/30/2008 5:14 AM
Mklasse

Date registered: Dec 1899
Help.. inconsistent low oil warning message

I was driving on twisty mountain roads today, with combination of uphill and downhill, plus not so smooth roads.

On my way back home, all of sudden, the low oil warning light came on along with a warning buzzer beeping once. After about a minute or two, it goes out. (I read the manual, and it is supposed to do that if the oil level drops below low level). After a while, the light went on again.. then went out. And then about 15 mins after, the buzzer beeped, but no light, instead "Oil Hi" is shown on the assyst display. I kept driving, then the message dissapeared for about a minute, then the buzzer beeped again, along with Low oil warning light, and "- 2.0L" appeared.

I was like.. first, it says oil drops below low level, then it says oil level is too high, and then it says 2 litres of oil needs to be added???

I was very close to home when this start acting up, so i went on driving slowly. When I'm home, I park the car on the garage (which is perfectly level), and i let it sit for 5 mins or so. I checked the dipstick, it is 3/4 full between the max and min level. Then i do the oil check thru assyst, it says oil level is normal.

Whats wrong with it???? I tried using the search using "low oil warning" but got nothing specifically to this problem.. help anyone?

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 3/30/2008 10:08 AM
cmitch
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4Matic, 2010 F150 Super Crew
RE: Help.. inconsistent low oil warning message

It sounds like the sending unit needs replacing.
#115540 - in reply to #115529
Author
Posted 3/31/2008 1:35 AM
Mklasse

Date registered: Dec 1899

Thanks cmitch.

So many sensors in the car is failing right now

The SRS/Airbag off light went on and off on regular basis. When I brought it in for service B last time, the star diagnosis confirmed that it is the baby smart sensor

The BAS ESP/ETS light went on and off on several occasion. Reading through the threads here, it is probably the brake switch sensor needs replacing.

And now, the Oil level sender

#115624 - in reply to #115529
Author
Posted 4/4/2008 10:55 PM
cmitch
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4Matic, 2010 F150 Super Crew

Mklasse - 3/31/2008 12:35 AM

Thanks cmitch.

So many sensors in the car is failing right now

The SRS/Airbag off light went on and off on regular basis. When I brought it in for service B last time, the star diagnosis confirmed that it is the baby smart sensor

The BAS ESP/ETS light went on and off on several occasion. Reading through the threads here, it is probably the brake switch sensor needs replacing.

And now, the Oil level sender

I'll trade you my A/C repair bill of $950.00 for your repair bills!  

#116106 - in reply to #115624
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1