Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : Mercedes Bluetooth UHI puck in Europe

Page 1 of 1 1
Mercedes Bluetooth UHI puck in Europe
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 4/23/2006 7:21 PM
ianx, manchester

Date registered: Dec 1899
Mercedes Bluetooth UHI puck in Europe

The part number is B 67 87 5840
I've heard launch in Switzerland is on 15 May.
no idea of pricing!

the attached picure actually shows a US (MHI) bluetooth puck, but the European version looks the same!

(DSCN0267.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSCN0267.JPG (82KB - 4 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 4/24/2006 8:04 AM
beverage

RE: Mercedes Bluetooth UHI puck in Europe

Ok, I'm gonna ask the real dumb blonde question . . . how exactly will this work, I know it will link to a bluetooth phone, but then does it link into the SLK's computer system??? And if so, do you need to have COMAND, or phone wiring for it to work???

Thanks
#908 - in reply to #657
Author
Posted 4/24/2006 8:10 AM
ianx, manchester

beverage - 4/24/2006 1:04 PM

Ok, I'm gonna ask the real dumb blonde question . . . how exactly will this work, I know it will link to a bluetooth phone, but then does it link into the SLK's computer system??? And if so, do you need to have COMAND, or phone wiring for it to work???

Hi Bev,
Yes you will need phone pre-wiring in a UK R171 for this to work. Basically it replaces the phone specific cradles in the upper centre arm rest section.

If you have COMAND it displays info on the COMAND screen.
#910 - in reply to #908
Author
Posted 4/25/2006 2:48 AM
samhmbz

Re: Mercedes Bluetooth UHI puck in Europe

Hey ianx, just to add
the U.S part number
B6 7 87 5839 currently avaliable at some U.S dealers.
Sam

#1393 - in reply to #657
Author
Posted 4/25/2006 8:02 AM
beverage

ianx, manchester - 4/24/2006 1:10 AM

Hi Bev,
Yes you will need phone pre-wiring in a UK R171 for this to work. Basically it replaces the phone specific cradles in the upper centre arm rest section.

If you have COMAND it displays info on the COMAND screen.

Bummer, didn't go for the phone wiring option - never mind just keep using my hands free ear piece!!! Thanks for the explanation
#1456 - in reply to #910
Author
Posted 4/26/2006 12:16 PM
Easty

Ok I know there was loads of explanations and talk of this device, but now it's looking a little more tangable, i'm interested. So I didn't order my car so don't really no what's installed. I know it has the Ipod kit installed. It has the TeleAid buttons in the centre box. Is there a way of telling if the phone pre-wire kit is installed?
#2615 - in reply to #657
Author
Posted 4/26/2006 12:30 PM
ianx, manchester

Easty - 4/26/2006 5:16 PM

Ok I know there was loads of explanations and talk of this device, but now it's looking a little more tangable, i'm interested. So I didn't order my car so don't really no what's installed. I know it has the Ipod kit installed. It has the TeleAid buttons in the centre box. Is there a way of telling if the phone pre-wire kit is installed?

yeah kind of... there are a couple of giveaways... but the important one is...
in your centre storage box upper section is there a connector to attach a phone cradle!

by upper section i mean the bit that opens side to side (not up-down!)
#2620 - in reply to #2615
Author
Posted 4/26/2006 3:01 PM
Easty

That's a negative sir..in the "upper section" I just have two buttons. One to call Teleaid.. And a little spanner button to tell someone I've broken down. unles this socket is hidden somewhere?

I'll just have to keep to the convention for now. As I'm certainly not paying for the cables to be installed. Thing is in texas it's always quite warm, so on any considerable journey the top is down and the handsfree probably wouldn't work anyway! See how I talk my self out of something when I carn't have it. I'm good at that. Maybe I should waste my money on the Vario roof box..
#2714 - in reply to #657
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 4:07 AM
alroumi

I will try to get the dealership to install the bluetooth system in my SLK
#4424 - in reply to #657
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 12:21 PM
pleubner

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): ML270CDI Brabus-W163,SL55 AMG-R230,ML320 CDI-W164

go to "wireless4mb.com" (350$US) for the device! The dealers are ripping off their customers !!!! ( wireless4mb is the US distributer of the peiker device .... even dealers have to buy from them to resell to customers )

.... make sure your dealer installs UHI ... it is better than the US MHI. Can be used with non MB phones!.

I took pictures yesterday of the BT Adapter in a R171 (telematics forum)

http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums/showthread.php?tid=214&post...

Edited by pleubner 4/28/2006 12:26 PM
#4680 - in reply to #4424
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 12:35 PM
ianx, manchester

RE: Mercedes Bluetooth UHI - UK price confirmed

its gonna be £301.89 + VAT
and you can place forward orders with your dealers as of now!

#4688 - in reply to #657
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 3:11 PM
daj

WOW! £354 for the use of bluetooth on top of the £500 to have telephone pre-wiring installed at the factory, when will Mercedes be nice to their customers for their lack of standard technology

#4766 - in reply to #4688
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 5:13 PM
pleubner

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): ML270CDI Brabus-W163,SL55 AMG-R230,ML320 CDI-W164

That's not as bad as the 800-900$US USA MB Dealers were asking their new S-CLass Buyers to pay for just the BT Adapter above!!!!!

They were buying (have to pay the same price as individuals) from wireless4mb for 350$US , then reselling at this rediculous price!.

#4848 - in reply to #4766
Author
Posted 4/28/2006 6:07 PM
daj

No wonder Daimler Chrysler only reported a first quarter operating profit of 891 million Euros (1.621 billion dollars), we are all going elsewhere so that we are not ripped off by the stealers

#4919 - in reply to #4848
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 4:22 AM
daj

Sorry, that should be 1.125 billion dollars operating profit (used the sterling to dollar calculation in previous thread)
#5375 - in reply to #4919
Author
Posted 4/29/2006 11:42 AM
Cilonen

Pre-ordered mine from dealer today - was told they should be in stock mid-May, so should get it around start of 3rd week.

Glad I've got a voucher for 10% off all "accessories/lifestyle items"
#5461 - in reply to #657
Author
Posted 5/1/2006 7:05 AM
taroliw

Easty - 4/26/2006 12:01 PM

Thing is in texas it's always quite warm, so on any considerable journey the top is down and the handsfree probably wouldn't work anyway!
bzzt! Although my service rep was stunned -- she'd been told it wouldn't do well with the top down as well -- I've had normal volume conversations with the top down (side glass was up) up to about 55MPH without any trouble whatsoever. The kit includes three microphones for noise cancelling. In recordings I made on my home voicemail at various speeds from 0 to 60, I couldn't really tell the difference in voice quality. Very nice.

To compare, I've only managed phone conversations with a noise cancelling BT headset (either Cardo Scala 500 or Jabra BT500) up to about 60MPH. After that, wind noise just overcomes either solution.

Edited by taroliw 5/1/2006 7:19 AM
#6469 - in reply to #2714
Author
Posted 5/1/2006 7:15 AM
taroliw

pleubner - 4/28/2006 9:21 AM

go to "wireless4mb.com" (350$US) for the device! The dealers are ripping off their customers !!!!
Most of the dealerships in my vicinity simply refer people to AWS for purchase inquiries.

pleubner - 4/28/2006 9:21 AM

.... make sure your dealer installs UHI ... it is better than the US MHI. Can be used with non MB phones!.
eh... I assume you mean for those who are retrofiting the handsfree option. Anyone in the US that ordered it from the factory will wind up with MHI. The only functional difference between the two is that the UHI BT module uses SAP and thus uses car's antenna for cell connections. You'd have to purchase a phone that supports BT SAP profile (almost certainly from Europe) and be a GSM customer (haven't seen a CDMA phone that supports SAP yet, and don't expect to) in order to actually take advantage of SAP though. And, in practice, I find the use of the phone's own antenna in the R171 makes virtually no difference -- I regularly get 4-5 bars inside the car and have never dropped a call.

Not sure, but I'd guess the UHI setup (particularly since it would have to be retrofit in the US) would be more expensive (than the already overpriced MHI option) for virtually no benefit...
#6471 - in reply to #4680
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1