Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : The G --> GL Question?

Page 2 of 2 12
The G --> GL Question?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/3/2006 11:43 PM
Thai

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: The G --> GL Question?

ewalberg - 6/3/2006 8:50 PM
i think asigning practicality to the rest of the country as the reason used g's aren't popular elsewhere is pretty far off considering the prevalence of american trucks throughout the country given their relative lack of practicality given they are no more likely used for their intended purpose as well.

Dude, that is the longest run-on sentence i have ever read that actually made sense!
#19008 - in reply to #18980
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/5/2006 12:11 AM
TheDogsCar
Veteran

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): '05 G55K Firemist Red - Stolen

One on ebay that states in the headline, "LOCAL TRADE ON GL450"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOCAL-TRADE-ON-GL450_W0QQitemZ464506...
#19297 - in reply to #18823
Author
Posted 6/5/2006 1:48 AM
Braingears
Expert

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): G320 & ML320

ewalberg - 6/3/2006 9:50 PM i think asigning practicality to the rest of the country as the reason used g's aren't popular elsewhere is pretty far off considering the prevalence of american trucks throughout the country given their relative lack of practicality given they are no more likely used for their intended purpose as well. I think demographics is probably the culprit here. To exagerate my point If you live in redneck country (kerr has told a number of stories which makes it sound like they're his neighbors), the desired "look" just wont be in a benz, it'll be in an american truck. The "look" where braingears is located is anything expensive where people often have an ill placed love of mercedes... which is actually why i used to not like mercedes. Until i looked into the g-wagen, i never knew mercedes had been reliable at one time. Like a good greenie in california i saw mercedes as a needlessly expensive, pretentious, impractical, and unreliable brand. But the g-wagen captured me... :help:

There are a lot of Mercedes in the Tampa Bay Area. Because this is Florida, we do not have the cold weather problems, and the Diesels love it! More and more people see these olders Mercedes and value thier quality after so many years.

The G-Wagon is the "last of the real trucks" in this modern world. Everything that is coming out of the production lines are plastic. I plan on keeping my G-Wagon for many years to come.

#19303 - in reply to #18980
Author
Posted 6/5/2006 2:07 AM
AndrewAZ

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: The G --> GL Question?

They seem to be selling fast. I have seen a lot of GL's around where I live vs when the new W164 ML came out I never saw them on the road for 3-4 months after they hit the dealers and today I hardly see any W164 but this past week I have seen at least 5 different GL's and I almost got hit by one that pulled out in front of me. I still think the W163 ML seems taller the GL just looks lower and longer. I got a chance to sit in one at the dealer and I still think the ML driver sits up higher.
#19308 - in reply to #10041
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12