Page 1 of 1 1
dvd nav
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 3:59 AM
phoenix44

Date registered: Dec 1899
dvd nav

I have been using a back up copy of the 2005 DVD. My SA tells me that if I am using a back up, I will probably have to re-boot the NAV with the original from time to time.

Problem is, the original is scratched...

I looked on e-bay to try and see if anyone was selling their 2005 DVD, as the 2006 DVD is out.

Barring the above, any one out there have a 2005 DVD backup that works 100% of the time. I think that I may have burned my backup at to fast a speed, and therefore I am missing some of the Boot information that the system needs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 11:52 AM
rudeney

RE: dvd nav

Have you tried to cover the scratches on the original disc?  A very thin coating of WD-40, applied with a smooth microfiber cloth, often works wonders.  Maybe you could get a good re-burn from the original doing this?

#11505 - in reply to #11463
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 12:03 PM
phoenix44

RE: dvd nav

rudeney - 5/12/2006 11:52 AM

Have you tried to cover the scratches on the original disc?  A very thin coating of WD-40, applied with a smooth microfiber cloth, often works wonders.  Maybe you could get a good re-burn from the original doing this?

Thanks rudeney, but I think it is really pooched. It was in my laptop case with some keys. $400CDN down the drain
#11511 - in reply to #11505
Author
Posted 5/12/2006 5:12 PM
AndrewAZ

Re: dvd nav

It should be fine, I have never heard of data not showing up because of the burn speed. I always burn at full speed and have never run into an error. Just last month I burned a copy of Vista at max speed for a few friends and it works great.
#11616 - in reply to #11463
Author
Posted 5/17/2006 9:21 AM
Marcelc

AndrewAZ - 5/12/2006 10:12 PMIt should be fine, I have never heard of data not showing up because of the burn speed. I always burn at full speed and have never run into an error. Just last month I burned a copy of Vista at max speed for a few friends and it works great.

I am a little suspicious of some CD writers (I don't yet have a DVD writer), mine seems to have trouble copying and I (being the cynic I sometimes am) suspect that the manufacturer (Sony in my case) has built in some 'safeguards'.

In future I will buy LG or similar and hope for better performance.
#13382 - in reply to #11616
Author
Posted 5/17/2006 11:35 AM
firstmb

Marcelc - 5/17/2006 9:21 AM

AndrewAZ - 5/12/2006 10:12 PMIt should be fine, I have never heard of data not showing up because of the burn speed. I always burn at full speed and have never run into an error. Just last month I burned a copy of Vista at max speed for a few friends and it works great.

I am a little suspicious of some CD writers (I don't yet have a DVD writer), mine seems to have trouble copying and I (being the cynic I sometimes am) suspect that the manufacturer (Sony in my case) has built in some 'safeguards'.

In future I will buy LG or similar and hope for better performance.

I have a Sony DVD Writer and it works fine everytime.. I take backups of all my data/movies and stuff, and never encountered any problem.
#13403 - in reply to #13382
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1