Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : Do I need the new remote vario roof?

Page 2 of 2 12
Do I need the new remote vario roof?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/22/2006 8:14 AM
alroumi

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Do I need the new remote vario roof?

jbanks15 - 5/22/2006 2:56 PM

Well, I ordered mine. Gotta have the latest toy i guess. Great service from marcus at piecha.com. Got the lower price too.

I might get one in a few months time!
#15001 - in reply to #14996
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/22/2006 10:09 PM
Roomie

I ordered mine from Piecha but I got it for 298 Euro inc. VAT and shipping.
But then again I ordered it on the 15th of May, the price seems to have been raised.
#15223 - in reply to #14444
Author
Posted 5/23/2006 12:23 AM
etyu

Price is now 288 Euro at PIECHA.com, VAT not included.

Edited by etyu 5/23/2006 12:24 AM
#15262 - in reply to #14444
Author
Posted 5/24/2006 11:09 AM
Motzkoman

RE: Do I need the new remote vario roof?

Does anyone know if there are any integration issues with the iPod kit that uses the steering wheel phone buttons?
#15649 - in reply to #14444
Author
Posted 5/24/2006 11:45 AM
dsb

Motzkoman - 5/24/2006 8:09 AM

Does anyone know if there are any integration issues with the iPod kit that uses the steering wheel phone buttons? :help:

Steve,

I have both installed. The roof module has only been on for a day. However, I did drive it around yesterday and didn't notice any problems. I'll post if anything comes up. So far, everything's A-Okay.
#15656 - in reply to #15649
Author
Posted 5/25/2006 11:51 AM
Ynot

alroumi - 5/22/2006 6:14 AM
jbanks15 - 5/22/2006 2:56 PM Well, I ordered mine. Gotta have the latest toy i guess. Great service from marcus at piecha.com. Got the lower price too.
I might get one in a few months time!

Get it now, those who said it's a waste of money obviously don't own one and don't know what they are talking about and the conveniece that it provides. Imagine sitting at a coffeeshop on a sunny day, chatting with friends, all of a sudden it gets dark, it starts to pour, you don't have to leave your seat, press the button 3X and continue on chatting with your friends. The other feature I used often is lowering the top while driving. Before I hestitate at a traffic light or pull over to the side of the road to operate roof, now I don't think about it, I lowered it when I want to, 30mph is plenty of speed to lower roof on regular residential roads. The other feature I used alot is lowering the roof while I'm walking to it, on a hot summer day it helps to cool the car before entering. Hold the button for a second instead of 22 seconds. It's fun to showoff but that's not what I used it for.

#15986 - in reply to #15001
Author
Posted 5/25/2006 12:05 PM
Motzkoman

dsb - 5/24/2006 8:45 AM

Steve,

I have both installed. The roof module has only been on for a day. However, I did drive it around yesterday and didn't notice any problems. I'll post if anything comes up. So far, everything's A-Okay.

Dan,

thanks....I had a chance to see some of the pictures from last Saturday with your and Matt's cars...LOOKIN GOOD!!!

Keep the 17th of June in mind if you can make the next drive...should be great in CA wine country...
#15993 - in reply to #15656
Author
Posted 5/25/2006 6:09 PM
etyu

Just curious, did anyone demonstrated their RF varioroof remote at the 5/20 No. California event?
#16178 - in reply to #15993
Author
Posted 5/25/2006 6:33 PM
Motzkoman

etyu - 5/25/2006 3:09 PM

Just curious, did anyone demonstrated their RF varioroof remote at the 5/20 No. California event?

No, we didn't have a demo, but have had a past one with a 170. Maybe we can get someone to demo at the 6/17 event where we meet in Novato and drive to the wine country...
#16188 - in reply to #16178
Author
Posted 5/27/2006 1:51 AM
dsb

Steve,

I did some tests today. Good news, it's 100% compatible with the Ipod kit!

For a sec though, I thought something was wrong. My double-click-windows-down wasn't working.
However, it was just my fault.

To raise all windows with the top up, you must double-click the close button and hold.
To lower all windows and keep the top up, you must double-click the open button and let go.
If you don't let go, you will commence the top drop. I accidently dropped the top 3 times in a row!

BTW, you can set a limit by holding the 'end call' button at the desired speed. It takes about 3-4 seconds to register. Both signal lights will flash indicating a success. I never once accidently reset the limit nor turned off the vario-module while surfing the Ipod menu.

So, go out and get one!

#16758 - in reply to #14444
Author
Posted 5/27/2006 1:56 AM
Motzkoman

dsb - 5/26/2006 10:51 PM

Steve,

I did some tests today. Good news, it's 100% compatible with the Ipod kit!

For a sec though, I thought something was wrong. My double-click-windows-down wasn't working.
However, it was just my fault.

To raise all windows with the top up, you must double-click the close button and hold.
To lower all windows and keep the top up, you must double-click the open button and let go.
If you don't let go, you will commence the top drop. I accidently dropped the top 3 times in a row!

BTW, you can set a limit by holding the 'end call' button at the desired speed. It takes about 3-4 seconds to register. Both signal lights will flash indicating a success. I never once accidently reset the limit nor turned off the vario-module while surfing the Ipod menu.

So, go out and get one!

THANKS DAN!!!

Hope to see you soon...6/17 meet/drive to the wine country looks great...

...Steve
#16759 - in reply to #16758
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12