Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Remote Key issues

Page 1 of 1 1
Remote Key issues
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 7/10/2011 10:19 PM
fernweh

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Few Mercedes-Benz, a Toyota Amphibious and a Vespa
Remote Key issues

I cannot reactivate the otherwise working remote key. The engine start fine with it but I can't lock or open the door with the remote buttons.

The test functions of the key buttons check out fine, but it is not being recognized.

Anybody had this problem and replaced the AAM module, which then solved the problem?

Thanks for you input

Karl

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 7/11/2011 3:20 PM
Fenalaar
Elite Veteran

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle(s): 2001 ML270CDI, Polaris 400L Big Boss
RE: Remote Key issues

I had the same problem with mine after a short circuit took out the entire wiring (and some other stuff) in the dash. After replaicing the wiring, the workshop had to replace a control module under the fuse box in the passenger footwell, and then do some programming to get the remote locking working again. In other words - you need to take the car and key to a workshop with a diagnostic computer...

Johan-Kr

Edited by Fenalaar 7/11/2011 3:21 PM
#192272 - in reply to #192251
Author
Posted 7/31/2011 10:05 AM
fernweh

RE: Remote Key issues

Fenalaar - 7/11/2011 12:20 PM

I had the same problem with mine after a short circuit took out the entire wiring (and some other stuff) in the dash. After replaicing the wiring, the workshop had to replace a control module under the fuse box in the passenger footwell, and then do some programming to get the remote locking working again. In other words - you need to take the car and key to a workshop with a diagnostic computer...

Johan-Kr

Thanks Johan-Kr,

the good thing, the MB diagnostic computer lives in my garage, and I have tried everything for the keys to be recognized.

The bad thing, that AAM ECU is priced over $300. I just wanted to find out if this replacement will finally solve the ongoing issues.

The non-functional remote lock and unlock issue is just a little nuisance, but I'm not sure if the car alarm is switch on when locking the vehicle with the

metal key.

Karl
#193065 - in reply to #192272
Author
Posted 8/4/2011 2:23 PM
ccweems
New user

Date registered: Aug 2011

Re: Remote Key issues

Have you re-synced the key? That's what I had to do on mine. Also for what it's worth you can get a bad out of the box AAM. The replacement worked like a charm. I needed the AAM for AC issues not lock problems.
#193179 - in reply to #192251
Author
Posted 8/5/2011 5:20 PM
fernweh

Re: Remote Key issues

ccweems - 8/4/2011 11:23 AM

Have you re-synced the key? That's what I had to do on mine. Also for what it's worth you can get a bad out of the box AAM. The replacement worked like a charm. I needed the AAM for AC issues not lock problems.

I'm not been able to re-sync the key, even the tests show the remote buttons are working correctly.

Karl
#193203 - in reply to #193179
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1