Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : DRIVERS SEAT

Page 1 of 1 1
DRIVERS SEAT
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 9/30/2011 3:59 AM
mark24
New user

Date registered: Sep 2011

DRIVERS SEAT

Can anyone help. I have an ML320 2001 and the drivers seat wont move back or forward but all other functions work. Its been like this since i got it but when i first got it the seat would move if i pressed the memory buttons but now they have stop working. I replaced the switch that operates the seat but still nothing. Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 10/8/2011 11:09 AM
Furno
New user

Date registered: Mar 2011

RE: DRIVERS SEAT

Sorry can't help but I have exactly the same problem. Where are the fuses for the seats? They're not in the main fuse box in the engine bay.
#195487 - in reply to #195149
Author
Posted 10/10/2011 10:40 AM
fernweh

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): Few Mercedes-Benz, a Toyota Amphibious and a Vespa
RE: DRIVERS SEAT

mark24 - 9/30/2011 12:59 AM

Can anyone help. I have an ML320 2001 and the drivers seat wont move back or forward but all other functions work. Its been like this since i got it but when i first got it the seat would move if i pressed the memory buttons but now they have stop working. I replaced the switch that operates the seat but still nothing. Thanks.

Normally, if one ore more seat functions do not work, but you can operate the seat with the memory button - it is an indication that the seat control switch is bad.

Did you change out the switch with a new one or just another "good" one?

These seats are controlled by an ECU which gets a digital input from the seat control switch. That ECU then provides +12 power to the various seat motors as needed. To troubleshoot the motors, you can disconnect them and try to test them with 12V power directly. For the system test on the other hand a MB Star Diagnose system is necessary.

Karl
#195564 - in reply to #195149
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1