Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : For Sale/Trade/ Wanted Items : CARC II Paint for sale

Page 1 of 1 1
CARC II Paint for sale
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/18/2012 5:37 PM
bbrah
Regular

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s): 460.233 (1980 280GE LWB)
CARC II Paint for sale

Hey all!

I'm getting my truck back from the body shop hopefully this week. I intended to paint the truck in MIL-STD CARC II paint and purchased a gallon of "Woodland Desert Sage" color from Sherwin-Williams Industrial Coatings Division.

Unfortunately the paint shop followed their normal surface prep procedures which means that in order for me to use this military paint they'll have to strip off the primer and filler they already applied. So rather than pay for a bunch of labor hours, I decided to go with a different paint.

So... I've got a gallon of MIL-STD CARC II paint and two quarts of hardener for sale.

MIL-DTL-84159B, Type II
Waterborne Polyurethane CARC
Woodland Desert Sage, 34201 Q1910
F93 G 510
6501-85267

and

Part B (Catalyst)
Waterborne Polyurethane
Chemical Agent Resistant Coating (CARC)
MIL-DTL-84159, Type I and II
V93 V 502
6016-18069

In case you don't know what this paint is, it is a very hard non-reflective metal surface coating that is designed to dissipate chemical and biological agents quickly and be durable enough to withstand solvents the military use to decontaminate equipment. As an added bonus, the tiny polymer beads that give the paint its flat sheen also make it somewhat invisible to night vision equipment.

The color is "Woodland Desert Sage," which is somewhere between "Foliage Green" and "Coyote Brown." It's about like an OD green but lighter and slightly more tan. This particular color is used on the newest variant of the CH-47 helicopter (the MH-47G) used operationally in Afghanistan.

I paid $186 for the paint and hardener including shipping and would be glad to get $100 back out of it.

The paint has a nominal shelf-life of one year, and this particular can still has five months left (although I've heard from an Air Force motorpool Sgt. that it doesn't really "go bad").

If you're interested in painting your Gwagen with real USGI paint, then $100 plus shipping is a great deal. Email me at bbrah@artisanwriting.com if you're interested.

Regards,

-BRAH

P.S. I'll post links to photos of the bodywork and paint as soon as the truck is done.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1