Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : anyone know what wheels these are?

Page 2 of 2 12
anyone know what wheels these are?
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/17/2006 12:24 AM
dsb

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: anyone know what wheels these are?

I feel for you. It was drama getting my wheels, so I can only imagine how much tougher it is when you live 8K miles away!
#24134 - in reply to #17478
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/17/2006 10:04 AM
Ynot

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: another update

da_nailgun - 6/16/2006 8:08 PM will i EVER get some new wheels for my car? In the past i have always bought wheels for my cars.. easy job.. right? but with my SLK.. ive just had bad luck i guess. on my 3rd try to get wheels.. I think I just found out that ASANTI, dont do brushed aluminium. What what i have found out through the suppliers here in australia and the ASANTI web site, all they do is some kind of silver, which then they add 2 coats of clear on top. How does that work? Anyone have any advice? Anyway.. looks like i wont be going through with that order now :(

Sorry to hear about that, I honestly didn't think Asanti sells brushed alum. They are more a type of company that sells chrome exclusively, that's why I said they are more popular with the lowrider crowd. Chrome wheels peels easily, another reason to avoid them. The traditional silver that do have looks like what you have now so it's not going to look unique. Maybe give DPE a try and or Iforged a try.

#24227 - in reply to #24059
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 2 of 2 12