Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Various rattles and noises in our ML's....

Page 1 of 1 1
Various rattles and noises in our ML's....
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 5:43 AM
C-Rod
Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2006 ML 350
Various rattles and noises in our ML's....

l'm talking more about the newer models, from 02 and up....and remedies that have worked...l found a rattle by the driver's side cup holder...lt was actually the emergency brake handle that was rattling..so l ended up putting some felt between the handle and the bottom of the cupholder...go figure...any other interesting ones, that l can look for...l'm always looking to have "my ride" as quiet as possible......Thanks..........
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 11:57 AM
Wolfgang

Date registered: Dec 1899
RE: Various rattles and noises in our ML's....

I posted some noise related TSBs Carlos.

#17567 - in reply to #17488
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 4:59 PM
AndrewAZ

Re: Various rattles and noises in our ML's....

I had all my doors fixed and the stupid side things you stick stuff in the doors fixed just before my warranty went out. Right now I just have a speaker rattle when certain types of bass are played loud. I went to another dealer just before my warranty went out and they said the last place which I wont name left out a few screws and pins.

One of my friends was telling me that someone on the BMW forums got banned form a dealer for saying a bad thing about the service department. And apparently he went in for service and they had what he said printed off and showed the guy and told him he was banned from the dealer. Before anyone goes into a tangent about free speech and what not a business can refuse to serve people but they cant discriminate against race or disability but anything else and they can refuse you.
#17676 - in reply to #17488
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 5:28 PM
phoenix44

AndrewAZ - 5/30/2006 4:59 PM

I had all my doors fixed and the stupid side things you stick stuff in the doors fixed just before my warranty went out. Right now I just have a speaker rattle when certain types of bass are played loud. I went to another dealer just before my warranty went out and they said the last place which I wont name left out a few screws and pins.

One of my friends was telling me that someone on the BMW forums got banned form a dealer for saying a bad thing about the service department. And apparently he went in for service and they had what he said printed off and showed the guy and told him he was banned from the dealer. Before anyone goes into a tangent about free speech and what not a business can refuse to serve people but they cant discriminate against race or disability but anything else and they can refuse you.

I am thinking that if the dealer wants to come out on top, they should provide that guy with the BEST service!

Banning someone from a dealership (not sure what MB would say about that?) is only going to hurt the dealer's reputation even more. You know what they say, one pissed customer will tell 10+ people...etc.
#17684 - in reply to #17676
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 5:34 PM
AsianML

phoenix44 - 5/30/2006 5:28 PM
AndrewAZ - 5/30/2006 4:59 PM I had all my doors fixed and the stupid side things you stick stuff in the doors fixed just before my warranty went out. Right now I just have a speaker rattle when certain types of bass are played loud. I went to another dealer just before my warranty went out and they said the last place which I wont name left out a few screws and pins. One of my friends was telling me that someone on the BMW forums got banned form a dealer for saying a bad thing about the service department. And apparently he went in for service and they had what he said printed off and showed the guy and told him he was banned from the dealer. Before anyone goes into a tangent about free speech and what not a business can refuse to serve people but they cant discriminate against race or disability but anything else and they can refuse you.
I am thinking that if the dealer wants to come out on top, they should provide that guy with the BEST service! Banning someone from a dealership (not sure what MB would say about that?) is only going to hurt the dealer's reputation even more. You know what they say, one pissed customer will tell 10+ people...etc.
In this case, a whole forum.
#17686 - in reply to #17684
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 6:05 PM
roadsession

AndrewAZ - 5/30/2006 4:59 PM

I think that's an urban myth....Dealers can't "ban" you.
Unless you've shown some sort of criminal intent, etc.
#17693 - in reply to #17676
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 6:40 PM
Marcelc

roadsession - 5/30/2006 11:05 PM
AndrewAZ - 5/30/2006 4:59 PM One of my friends was telling me that someone on the BMW forums got banned form a dealer for saying a bad thing about the service department. And apparently he went in for service and they had what he said printed off and showed the guy and told him he was banned from the dealer. Before anyone goes into a tangent about free speech and what not a business can refuse to serve people but they cant discriminate against race or disability but anything else and they can refuse you.
I think that's an urban myth....Dealers can't "ban" you. Unless you've shown some sort of criminal intent, etc.
It would be unusual for a dealer to ban a customer outright, normally they just try gentle hints like charging them $800 just to change the disk pads or replacing the AAM instead of a door lock or the ECU instead of the CPS

Edited by Marcelc 5/30/2006 6:41 PM
#17703 - in reply to #17693
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 6:59 PM
AndrewAZ

Here my friend sent me the link.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=115377

apparently he said stuff got stolen from his car while it was at the dealer.

Edited by AndrewAZ 5/30/2006 7:00 PM
#17706 - in reply to #17488
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 7:07 PM
phoenix44

AndrewAZ - 5/30/2006 6:59 PM

Hey, maybe as a group, everyone that will never need to go to this place should trash them on the bmw site
#17709 - in reply to #17706
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 7:18 PM
AndrewAZ

phoenix44 - 5/30/2006 4:07 PM

Hey, maybe as a group, everyone that will never need to go to this place should trash them on the bmw site :biggrin:

Well lets be fair we don't know the BMW service side of this... We only know this guys one side of the story. I am sure each one of us knows someone personally who will complain about anything. I used to know someone when they went out to eat they would complain about the food just to get free stuff or get the meal for free, needless to say after going to lunch with them for a few times I realized they complained every time I never called them again after that.
#17715 - in reply to #17709
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 7:36 PM
phoenix44

AndrewAZ - 5/30/2006 7:18 PM

Hey, maybe as a group, everyone that will never need to go to this place should trash them on the bmw site :biggrin:

Well lets be fair we don't know the BMW service side of this... We only know this guys one side of the story. I am sure each one of us knows someone personally who will complain about anything. I used to know someone when they went out to eat they would complain about the food just to get free stuff or get the meal for free, needless to say after going to lunch with them for a few times I realized they complained every time I never called them again after that.

That is very true, I was not entirely serious with my last post. I know from business, that sometimes, in the worst possible time, stuff just goes terribly wrong.
#17726 - in reply to #17715
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 7:51 PM
AsianML

So, how did we get from speaks and rattles, and BMW dealers banning people?
#17733 - in reply to #17726
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 7:52 PM
AndrewAZ

phoenix44 - 5/30/2006 4:36 PM

AndrewAZ - 5/30/2006 7:18 PM

That is very true, I was not entirely serious with my last post. I know from business, that sometimes, in the worst possible time, stuff just goes terribly wrong.

But on the other hand it is BMW and I have had the worst service at the BMW dealer. Onetime I got my car back and the front of it had a black spot on it, I called my SA over and he tried to tell me I hit something on the freeway and I was like well that to bad I didnt take the freeway. Another guy came out took it back and cleaned the car again. I open the door and yep sit in the car for no less than 2 seconds look at the passenger side and bam the weather stripping had fallen down, call my SA over again and he says " we can only fix what a customer complains about" I had to bring the car back the next day. Now before I went and picked the car up they had it for 2 days I swear I left them with 1/2 a tank and I got the car back on empty.
#17736 - in reply to #17726
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 8:23 PM
phoenix44

AsianML - 5/30/2006 7:51 PM

So, how did we get from speaks and rattles, and BMW dealers banning people? :ahhh:

'cause it's the SQUEAKY wheel that gets the grease.
#17746 - in reply to #17733
Author
Posted 5/30/2006 8:32 PM
AndrewAZ

phoenix44 - 5/30/2006 5:23 PM

AsianML - 5/30/2006 7:51 PM

So, how did we get from speaks and rattles, and BMW dealers banning people? :ahhh:

'cause it's the SQUEAKY wheel that gets the grease. :raiseeyebrows:

no clue. I think I was talking about a dealer who forgot to put some screws and pins in. And I finally got everything fixed no more rattles lol
#17748 - in reply to #17746
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1