Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : For Sale/Trade/ Wanted Items : FS - 280 GE Cabrio for sale

Page 1 of 1 1
FS - 280 GE Cabrio for sale
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/10/2013 4:18 PM
zach11
New user

Date registered: Sep 2012

FS - 280 GE Cabrio for sale

Greetings all! I am looking into selling my Black 1987 Lorinzer styled 280 GE 4 speed manual cabriolet if anyone is interested. It is in outstanding condition with no rust and the truck trim has been updated to resemble the more current G500 including the grill. These are the improvements I have made since owning the vehicle:

1. Genuine MB wood dash pieces installed from Germany
2. New Canvas soft top installed last Fall 10/2012
3. Seats recovered in leather (2 tone to match the original plaid on the doors)
4. New vents and center console
5. New headlamps
6. New seat heaters installed when seats were recovered

Carpet is in near new condition and is black. The original engine has been replaced by the former owner with another 280 GE engine, exact engine type replacement and it runs beautifully, however, I am not sure of the total miles on the truck. Since install, it has 21,000 miles on it, of which I have put on half as a nearly everyday driver. I have owned and cared for this vehicle upon purchase from California last year. It is in perfect working order, and everything, including the four wheel drive system, works perfectly. The only reason I am selling is because the back seats do not have shoulder belts, which presents a small issue when transporting our smaller children (although the only study I could find conducted by the U.S. transportation safety board found that there was only a statistically "negligible" difference of survivability in accidents between the lap belt and the slap with shoulder belt - it did not ). It also does NOT have air conditioning. I have since purchased a 1991 300GE Cabrio which addresses these issues for me. If interested, you may contact me and I will send you photos. It is a great vehicle and has no issues. I have a lot invested in the truck, it is running great and am asking $35,000. Zach11@msn.com
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/11/2013 3:36 PM
brabus g36
Elite Veteran

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s): 89 230GE cabrio, 88 280GE LWB, 87 300GD pickup
Re: FS - 280 GE Cabrio for sale

pictures?

Edited by brabus g36 6/11/2013 3:36 PM
#214751 - in reply to #214698
Top of the page Bottom of the page