Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : For Sale/Trade/ Wanted Items : FS: 1984 280GE RHD for sale inc. EXPORT

Page 1 of 1 1
FS: 1984 280GE RHD for sale inc. EXPORT
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 11/12/2013 6:17 AM
elvis100

Date registered: Nov 2013
Vehicle(s): 280GE, G350TD w/603 TD, classics, Airstream

FS: 1984 280GE RHD for sale inc. EXPORT

The time has come to sell my 1984 280GE LWB. I've lovingly maintainted it and turned it into a great driving car. Has a serious road presence and feeling of safety. It has to go as I have too many cars and another G.  Chassis number is: WDB46023327038946

The car has been very well looked after and shows barely any corrosion. The 280 is a petrol engine with 150bhp (G version as fitted to w123 cars) and lots of torque. It's pretty quick compered to the 5 cylinder diesels and sounds great.
 It had one owner for it's 1st 20 years that spent a fortune on it. It has not been over restored (just sympathetic work and maintainance).Paint work is 90% original. Mileage has just gone over 101k miles and is totally genuine.
 I have 3 folders of bills and all original documents from new! It is Astral Silver with near perfect paint with no rust or holes. Bumpers and wheel arches recently painted satin black) I bought the best I could find and have replaced since 2012: 
All tyres (Infinity all-terrain 265/70R15), all shocks, rear springs, New Merc track rod AND drag link, steering damper, brake pads and brake fluid, Power steering and diff-lock fluid fluid, new battery 14 months ago (kept on a trickle charger when parked up) Automatic Gearbox, Engine and diff Oil (Mobil) ,steering swivels and seals, wheel bearings, wiper spindles and seals (All Mercedes parts). (approx £3000 spent)
 I have re-painted and greased all propshafts and changed to low maintainance angled grease nipples in the last week. The car has perfect 'small check ' grey cloth seats and door panels, unmarked cloth headlining and perfect vinyl floors. The engine bay was preserved in wax for many years but I have now cleaned it to show gleaming factory paint beneath with NO rust. Has original Merc jack, Original Merc tookit, New 'Gloria' fire extinguisher under dash, Diavia under dash air-conditioning unit. New front light and wing top indicator 'brush guards'. The car has manual windows (driver side needs new cable to be perfect) and manual door locks. The buyer may also purchase a set of new rear light brush guards which I have not fitted yet (for £100). New MOT and tax.

SEE VIDEO AT: http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/delroysmith/media/IMG_0844_zpsebf...

SLIDESHOW: http://s1289.photobucket.com/user/delroysmith/slideshow/

Both difflocks and indication lights work perfectly off-road as does the transfer box. Engages 4 wheel drive at any speed. 
New fog-lights with stone grilles. Bosch Fuel system recently tuned (has lots of power now), steering box and tracking fettled for finger tip control. Jet washed and Waxoiled  monthy without fail. The car has been a wonderful tool in our rural setting and pulls anything with it's factory fitted towbar and carries alot when needed. VERY ORIGINAL and ready to show or go. It's a 9 seater (rare twin jump seats in cloth ) and is registered as London congestion charge exempt. It really has been looked after as a 'classic car' and is a super 'G'. 
 I'm happy to help with EXPORT if you do the paperwork. I can arrange delivery etc. for extra cost.
The car was built in 1984 and 1st registered in the UK 16/1/1985. It's £7,600 firm.
Contact me by PM or email info@23degrees.co.uk.  Del

EDIT: Photos removed to be resized.

(IMG_0422.jpg)

(IMG_0424.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0422.jpg (47KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0424.jpg (60KB - 0 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1