Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Normal Heating doubts in GE 300

Page 1 of 1 1
Normal Heating doubts in GE 300
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/3/2006 11:23 AM
Ze Bocaina

Date registered: Dec 1899
Normal Heating doubts in GE 300

Bringing on the mission of put on the right place things that mechanics inverted...like air diffusion controls....diff looks keys positions..

I have looked in the old forum , but i did not find anything in that case.

My problem is that when i put the heat key in the red position , nothing happens.All remains as it was in the blue position.

What has to happen when i put the key in red? The air intake in the engine "door"( i dont know the word) must close? Because it stays slleeping in a middle position.

What to verifie????

Thanks a lot

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/3/2006 11:34 AM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
RE: Normal Heating doubts in GE 300

Ze Bocaina - 6/3/2006 11:23 AM

Bringing on the mission of put on the right place things that mechanics inverted...like air diffusion controls....diff looks keys positions..

I have looked in the old forum , but i did not find anything in that case.

My problem is that when i put the heat key in the red position , nothing happens.All remains as it was in the blue position.

What has to happen when i put the key in red? The air intake in the engine "door"( i dont know the word) must close? Because it stays slleeping in a middle position.

What to verifie????

Thanks a lot

Moving the middle lever to the red position will not affect the door flap in the air intake plenum. That door flap in the plenum is opened and closed with an electric button with a snowflake (I think) logo on it. It should either be fully open or fully closed; and is intended to recirculate the air for better A/C efficiency. There is no middle position.

The middle lever in the heating controls will open or close a valve in the hot water line to the heater. This used to be located under the hood on the right side of the engine, but may have been moved to a position under the dash. In either case, when that valve is open, hot water from the engine cooling system flows into the heater core to heat the inside of the truck. When it's closed, no hot water flows; and your air through the system will be similar to the outside air.

I hope this explains it.
#18890 - in reply to #18887
Author
Posted 6/3/2006 5:00 PM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
Recirculation Switch - Photo

Ze, This (red arrow) is the switch that controls the door flap in the inlet air plenum under the hood.

(RecircSwitch.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments RecircSwitch.jpg (60KB - 11 downloads)
#18928 - in reply to #18890
Author
Posted 6/4/2006 6:55 AM
nadd
Expert

Vehicle(s): G500 2016 LHD, numerous Chevys
RE: Normal Heating doubts in GE 300

DUTCH - 6/3/2006 4:34 PM
The middle lever in the heating controls will open or close a valve in the hot water line to the heater. This used to be located under the hood on the right side of the engine, but may have been moved to a position under the dash. In either case, when that valve is open, hot water from the engine cooling system flows into the heater core to heat the inside of the truck. When it's closed, no hot water flows; and your air through the system will be similar to the outside air.

Thanks for that DUTCH, that answers a question I asked on the UK forum a few days ago. The manual(for 300GE) states that, when changing the coolant, to open the heat exchange valve, and mentions something on the right side of the engine as well, and I had no clue what these two were (or maybe I didn't look close enough, the only drain for the radiator I found was on the radiator itself). Maybe that is why only 5L of coolant came out, maybe if I moved the lever, the "rest" of the coolant would flow out.
I'll remember this for next time!
#19094 - in reply to #18890
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1