Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : For Sale/Trade/ Wanted Items : FS: 2003 Mercedes Benz G500 $23k Black/Black 142k (w/2006 electronics)

Page 1 of 1 1
FS: 2003 Mercedes Benz G500 $23k Black/Black 142k (w/2006 electronics)
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 8/10/2014 3:31 PM
NA450

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle(s): 2000 w463
FS: 2003 Mercedes Benz G500 $23k Black/Black 142k (w/2006 electronics)

I have decided to sell my 2003 G500, and wanted to list it on the enthusiast boards (clubgwagen, pointedthree and expeditionportal) before I put it up for general sale. Please refrain from quoting the text of this ad in your reply if you choose to reply publicly.

I know the car inside and out and am happy to answer any questions you may have. It’s taken me from coast to coast several times, and is ready for it’s next caretaker. I own three G500’s now, and I don’t have the room for this girl any more. It would make an ideal daily driver, or conversion to overland vehicle. The car is completely stock.

This has been my pride and joy since I bought it in 2006. It has an interesting mechanical story; I bought the car from the first owner as a “manufacturer buyback.” I didn’t understand why a car still under warranty would be have to be bought back by the manufacturer. So, after taking delivery, I took it to Mercedes in New York City and told them to go over the car with a fine tooth comb, and not to give it back to me until the car was absolutely perfect. Two months later, they called me and said they replaced over $20,000 in electricals with the latest upgraded parts and she was ready to go. Since then, I’ve put over 100,000 miles on it with NO serious problems. This thing has been a rock.

I’ve had it maintained by an ex- MB mechanic who went into private practice since then. I have all records on the car since my ownership. It’s never left me stranded, and I’ve kept up with every maintenance item. The car was my “long distance travel vehicle” which I’ve used on countless ice climbing and backcountry skiing trips. It’s seen both oceans, the northern lights, the beaches in Florida; I wouldn’t hesitate to drive the car anywhere. The car starts up perfectly every time, and runs smooth. Transmission shifts perfectly, everything just… works. There are no warning lights on, strange noises, etc.

The car has 142,200 miles, mostly from long trips like these, considering I’ve always taken the train to work. The leather interior is in great shape considering the age as I Lexol’ed it four times a year. Oil has always been Mobil 1, all changes done on time.

There is normal wear and tear with a car 11 years old, mostly in the form of stone chips and some surface rust on the door sills and some corrosion by the passenger mirror. Please see all the high res detailed pictures.
If one wanted to bring it to showroom condition, here’s a list of things that are wrong with it:

-Small stone chips and scrapes (please see pictures for detailed shots)
-Small (1/8”) stone chip in windshield. I had it professionally filled in 2006 and it hasn’t changed since then.
-4 1/8” holes in rear cargo headliner and rear seat back where rear cargo grate was installed
-Small ding on hood (see photo)
-Surface rust on door sills, rear tow hook and passenger mirror (See photos)
-Driver’s side mirror seems loose. It doesn’t affect anything functionally, but you could take it apart if you wanted to.
-Scratches on roof from roof rack (see photo)
-COMAND screen doesn’t work. It comes on, but flickers. I had an aux port installed on it, so it never bothered me, I’d just leave the screen off, but the stereo on listening to my iPhone.

Car comes with two keys, a ton of receipts and dealership notes, all original manuals as well as a DVD of all sorts of shop manuals that I bought from 4x4abc. Recent work on the car has been:

-New rotors & pads @ 130,000
-Upper engine rebuild @ 135,000
-New SAM modules @138,000
-All 4 window regulators changed @140,000

The car is located about 15 miles north of Chicago. As I said, for serious buyers I’m happy to answer any and all questions, just send me a PM.

Photos:

http://bit.ly/1mAiNuA
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 8/24/2014 11:13 PM
NA450

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle(s): 2000 w463
Re: FS: 2003 Mercedes Benz G500 $23k Black/Black 142k (w/2006 electronics)

Apologies to the PMs that have been sitting unanswered; I just got back from vacation and replied to all. It is currently still available. Thanks!
#223561 - in reply to #223367
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1