Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Found a new offroad spot.

Page 1 of 1 1
Found a new offroad spot.
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/4/2006 8:23 PM
AndrewAZ

Date registered: Dec 1899
Found a new offroad spot.

Well this weekend a bunch of us went camping and to get to the camp site we had to drive 9 miles off road, the dirt road was in good condition but had a lot of dips and of course it was nice and curvy since the road basically follows a mountain( very twisty avg speed was about 20 mph). I didnt take any pictures since I forgot my camera and it was 10:00 at night when we left and it took an hour to get to the dirt road. Just need to wait until it rains then it will make the road really nice.

We had one event on the night. Basically everyone else left 3 hours before us since I was waiting for a few friends to get off work. Well we get in about 3 miles on the dirt road and come across a pile up of 4 suvs with hazards on (its about 11:30) well I pull up and everyone is like you guys made it!!! First thing I ask is what are you guys doing. Well turns out one kid in a pickup was leading the pack and driving a little to fast for his skill and ran off the road breaking his rim and his tire was gone. After 15 mins we get his car up on the road and a little further down the road to a pull out. Guess what he has a spare tire... But thanks to ford it has a lock that you need a special key to take the spare tire off the truck... Well guess what that key is not the one that starts the car or the glove box key and this kid doesn't have a key great..... Well we go and check the lug patters on everyone else car and I used my swiss card to measure the bolt distance and concluded that none of them would fit his truck. Well of course we have one idiot who says I am wrong and his spare will fit so another 20 mins wasted jacking up the car and having him realize the bolts dont match up... Ended up having AAA come the next day to help him..

I guess a good tip make sure you have a spare tire that works and make sure if it is locked you have they key. After last night I am considering buying the canister that inflates and fixes a flat tire temporarily, I dont know what the brand is or what ist called but if anyone knows please chime in. I know it comes on sports cars that dont have spares. It might be a good save if your in an area where you cant jack up the car to put your spare on like on lose dirt like last night.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/4/2006 8:25 PM
AndrewAZ

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Found a new offroad spot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=tempe&ll=33.936809,-111.835...

Thats a link to the road if you live in arizona and want to drive on it.
#19240 - in reply to #19238
Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1