Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Support of a Fellow Fanatic

Page 1 of 1 1
Support of a Fellow Fanatic
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/7/2006 8:45 AM
MarcO
Elite Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): G 500 SWB, Volvo XC90 V8
Support of a Fellow Fanatic

I have had the pleasure of doing business with Vlad of fourbyfourdotcom. This is not a commercial but rather a way of letting everyone know what an amazing guy this fellow is. So I buy rear nerf bars for the new 55 and it turns out that there are some redesigned brackets on the Grand Editions at the back so my new nerf bars do not fit. I send a casual email to Vlad and he immediately gives me his phone and suggests that he come to me (!) to see if he can't install these for me. He shows up, jumps out of a truly majestic '94 G and dons a mechanic coverall in my driveway and starts a-wrenching. He finds out he needs a bushing made and tells me he will do this and then (!) come back!!!!! He also chats with me about another concern I have about the stainless light guard that MB put on the back that requires removal of the guard to change a bulb. He shows me his design which is nicer in quality (smoother welds) and has an easily removable center piece so I can change a bulb without needing an appontment at a dealer. This guy is unbelievable. Then he puts on the most beautiful gas and brake pedal combination that is completely factory and a real quality piece.

This is the most amazing service I have ever experienced and this guy deserves our support.

I have no financial interest and paid for all products. I just think when someone is a fellow fanatic and combines it with remarkable and outstanding service our community should know. Well done, Vlad and thank you.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/7/2006 8:57 AM
G350DT

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: Support of a Fellow Fanatic

I have dealt with him also and when my mechanic had questions about valves and rear wheel barrings he simply said have him call me I will walk him through it.
Prices may be a "bit" more then some others and he may not have the invintory of EuroTruck, who by the way are great people also, but really follows up if there is a need.
#20037 - in reply to #20035
Author
Posted 6/7/2006 9:27 AM
KERR

I got some parts them him not to long ago. he was very nice and also called on the phone to make sure i got the stuff.

I have my eye on those tail light gaurds he has next

#20044 - in reply to #20035
Author
Posted 6/7/2006 12:25 PM
AGR

Guess he was having a bad few months when I was trying to throw money at him. Never answered any of my three e-mails and when I spoke with him about additional parts he advised me he would get the info. and cost and get back to me. Again, never heard from him.
#20095 - in reply to #20035
Author
Posted 6/7/2006 1:51 PM
MarcO
Elite Veteran

Vehicle(s): G 500 SWB, Volvo XC90 V8
RE: Support of a Fellow Fanatic

Try again. (I am really very impressed by his parts and operation). Sorry you had the problem but he has been outstanding and those rear guards are brilliant.
#20133 - in reply to #20035
Author
Posted 6/7/2006 2:07 PM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
Product plus Technical Support !

MarcO - 6/7/2006 8:45 AM

I have had the pleasure of doing business with Vlad of fourbyfourdotcom. This is not a commercial but rather a way of letting everyone know what an amazing guy this fellow is. So I buy rear nerf bars for the new 55 and it turns out that there are some redesigned brackets on the Grand Editions at the back so my new nerf bars do not fit. I send a casual email to Vlad and he immediately gives me his phone and suggests that he come to me (!) to see if he can't install these for me. He shows up, jumps out of a truly majestic '94 G and dons a mechanic coverall in my driveway and starts a-wrenching. He finds out he needs a bushing made and tells me he will do this and then (!) come back!!!!! He also chats with me about another concern I have about the stainless light guard that MB put on the back that requires removal of the guard to change a bulb. He shows me his design which is nicer in quality (smoother welds) and has an easily removable center piece so I can change a bulb without needing an appontment at a dealer. This guy is unbelievable. Then he puts on the most beautiful gas and brake pedal combination that is completely factory and a real quality piece.

This is the most amazing service I have ever experienced and this guy deserves our support.

There's no question that technical knowledge and support - along with supplying the parts - is a super combination. It's one of the reasons that Europa had as long of a run as they did; as it certainly wasn't on price!
#20142 - in reply to #20035
Author
Posted 6/7/2006 2:18 PM
KERR

the fist time i tried he was out of the country for like a month or so, i think family was sick or soemthing
#20144 - in reply to #20035
Author
Posted 6/8/2006 9:42 AM
Trayder

I know this is my first post here but I asure you I have zero connection with Vlad besides being a new customer.

Just last week I needed a replacement front headlight.

I did the typical internet search and came across Vlad at fourbyfourclub.

Good service is an understatement, Vlad went way beyond good service by offering a great price, fast delivery, and total follow up making sure all went well with the install, as well as emailing .PDF's of the replacement procendure.

Does anyone know if he has a repair shop as well or is it stricly parts?

great site by the way.

Jason

#20357 - in reply to #20144
Author
Posted 6/8/2006 10:01 AM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
Supporting a Supplier

Trayder - 6/8/2006 9:42 AM

I know this is my first post here but I asure you I have zero connection with Vlad besides being a new customer.

Just last week I needed a replacement front headlight.

I did the typical internet search and came across Vlad at fourbyfourclub.

Good service is an understatement, Vlad went way beyond good service by offering a great price, fast delivery, and total follow up making sure all went well with the install, as well as emailing .PDF's of the replacement procendure.

Does anyone know if he has a repair shop as well or is it stricly parts?

I think he did or does work at Wolfgang's in NJ.

To add to this thread, I just sent him an email with a "how to" question on my G. Up front, I told him that there would be no parts orders for this job, since I already had them.

I received a long multipage email detailing each step of the procedure, with the offer to help by phone, if I needed it. Obviously, this kind of service has to be considered when ordering parts - even if they're not the lowest price available.

When Europa - with their pretty high prices - was still doing business, I had a source in Germany who was/is quite a bit lower priced. My deal was that, if I didn't need any technical advice or support, I would purchase in Germany. If I went to Europa's mechanic for technical assistance, all parts associated with that job would be purchased from Europa. I think it's very important to support the knowledge base, so that they they are able to continue.

Obviously, Vlad will get some of my future business. Btw, he told me he was leaving for Europe today, and would be back on the 19th.
#20360 - in reply to #20357
Author
Posted 6/8/2006 5:34 PM
Greeney

RE: Support of a Fellow Fanatic

I have purchased quite a few items from Vlad too as the dollar to the Euro rate is pretty good for me. With Vlad nothing has been too much trouble. In this day and age a great rarity to find someone so willing to help with little gain.
#20489 - in reply to #20035
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1