Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Check engine light

Page 1 of 1 1
Check engine light
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/7/2006 2:26 PM
Mklasse

Date registered: Dec 1899
Check engine light

Guys, what are the causes that will make the engine light to lit up?

I just found out today that my check engine light is not actually on when i turn the ignition key to second position.. im guessing that the bulb went out.
If there's something wrong in the engine (like misfiring maybe?), can you feel/hear it? I'm just worried as I don't know when my check engine light went out.

about a month ago, the car was diagnosed by the SDS, and everything seems to be working normal, if the engine light was on (something wrong in the engine), will it show up in the diagnosis computer?

Maybe i'm just being paranoid, however I will bring the car to the dealer tomorrow to have it checked and the bulb replaced. I know i can probably do it myself from the WIS posted, but I'm afraid I dont have the confidence to do it myself...   

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/8/2006 7:27 AM
Mklasse

RE: Check engine light

Ok.. just an update..

I went to the dealer today, and they said, all the engine lights for 112 engines has been turned off due to the fuel quality we have here. If I want to turn it back on, then they have to reset the ECU.

#20351 - in reply to #20146
Author
Posted 6/8/2006 5:45 PM
AndrewAZ

Re: Check engine light

Where do you live? I know that I have put some bad gas and it took a tank of chevron to take off my check engine light.
#20500 - in reply to #20146
Author
Posted 6/8/2006 10:09 PM
Mklasse

AndrewAZ - 6/9/2006 4:45 AM Where do you live? I know that I have put some bad gas and it took a tank of chevron to take off my check engine light.

I live in Indonesia. Our gas quality was not that good, but I guess it's gonna get better now that they allowed foreign companies to sell gas here. We now have Shell, and Petronas (Malaysian company) here so far.. more to come i hope. Before that, we only have one gas company run by the goverment, so we didn't have a choice but to buy gas from them.  Now that they have foreign competitors, they have been reportedly upped their gas quality..

The SA also shown me the other ML that was being serviced there, apparently all ML320s, E320s for Indonesian market has their engine lights disconnected from Germany (or US for MLs) due to the gas quality here.

Well at least now I know for sure that its not the bulb :D 

#20619 - in reply to #20500
Author
Posted 6/9/2006 8:27 AM
ttaleric

Mk can you get the codes read off your ML?
#20686 - in reply to #20146
Author
Posted 6/10/2006 10:40 AM
Mklasse

ttaleric - 6/9/2006 7:27 PM Mk can you get the codes read off your ML?

Ok.. this might be a stupid question.. but how to get the codes read off the ML?

If it's possible to hook up my own laptop to the car, what is needed to connect my laptop to the ML?

#21287 - in reply to #20686
Author
Posted 6/10/2006 4:31 PM
Noodles

You need an ODB2 diagnostic reading tool. In the US they sell them at parts stores and some stores will read the codes for free in the hope that you will by the parts from them that will fix the problem.
I am not sure if the parts stores in Indonesia sell the readers but they are not very expensive.
#21312 - in reply to #20146
Author
Posted 6/10/2006 5:23 PM
ttaleric

I am sure you can order one off the internet and get it shipped to you.

I just hope it isn't something else.
#21320 - in reply to #20146
Author
Posted 6/11/2006 6:39 PM
Mklasse

I'll look around see if I can find it locally.

Thanks guys  

#21487 - in reply to #20146
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1