Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : Update: Failed Start Up and No Brakes

Page 1 of 1 1
Update: Failed Start Up and No Brakes
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/9/2006 1:48 PM
gwagen460swb
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 280GE SWB, Toyota Highlander, BMW530i, RR HSE
Update: Failed Start Up and No Brakes

As you all remember almost two weeks ago I had issues with my G failing on start up as well as having no brakes.  I was more fortunate than I thought.  Or in another words, the situation was not as bad as I had originally anticipated.

Brakes: Master cylinder was still great.  My brake hoses were swelled.  Brake fluid was actually close to zero.  What I saw on the outside of resevoir was fluid stain line.  Yeah, I should have unscrewed the cap and looked. 

Start up: Fuel filter needed changed.  Three spark plugs needed replaced that were adding to misfire.  Also, I had a corroded fuel line.  And of course the accordian hose between my air intake and air filter had to be re-clamped.

In addition to the above, I had my brake lines replaced and went ahead and had a tune-up on my G.

Let me tell you.  Robert Bigjohny and Alfred Zadoorian at Sherwood Imports (501-833-3000) are the best.  Alfred actually worked on my G.  Robert is the other owner.  If any of you in the Midwest are having issues with your G, need your G ressurected, or have a project G; these are the guys to go to. 

If I told you what I paid for all this to be done, Alfred and Robert would kill me.  Let me just say it was less than 4 figures.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1