Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Catalytic Converter Finally Arrived and other stuff

Page 1 of 1 1
Catalytic Converter Finally Arrived and other stuff
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/10/2006 4:52 PM
Noodles

Date registered: Dec 1899
Catalytic Converter Finally Arrived and other stuff

Well the "marble in the tin can sound" continued to get worse. I was worried that the mesh in the cat was going to plug up
the cat and strand the vehicle and I really did not want a Midas job. My dealer had agreed to install it for $575 plus tax.
That is a great deal. The part is $800 and labor is 2.4 hours. They are also giving me a loaner. I think they like my loyalty and
want to keep it. Our ML was not part of the bulletin list and the welds are fine so this one is on me. I can't complain at
almost 130k miles it is realistic to expect replacement of items due to wear and tear. I am also going to have the OEM hitch kit installed at the time. I think my e-box fan is shot so I will have to do that myself. Also It is alignment time I found very slight irregular wear on the left side tires so to save $900 worth of tires an alignment is in order.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/10/2006 5:19 PM
ttaleric

Re: Catalytic Converter Finally Arrived and other stuff

Glad to hear you got it worked out Rob!
#21318 - in reply to #21316
Author
Posted 6/10/2006 5:41 PM
roadsession

RE: Catalytic Converter Finally Arrived and other stuff

Noodles - 6/10/2006 4:52 PM

Well the "marble in the tin can sound" continued to get worse. I was worried that the mesh in the cat was going to plug up
the cat and strand the vehicle and I really did not want a Midas job. My dealer had agreed to install it for $575 plus tax.
That is a great deal. The part is $800 and labor is 2.4 hours. They are also giving me a loaner. I think they like my loyalty and
want to keep it. Our ML was not part of the bulletin list and the welds are fine so this one is on me. I can't complain at
almost 130k miles it is realistic to expect replacement of items due to wear and tear. I am also going to have the OEM hitch kit installed at the time. I think my e-box fan is shot so I will have to do that myself. Also It is alignment time I found very slight irregular wear on the left side tires so to save $900 worth of tires an alignment is in order.

You know you bring a very good point.
The ML was paid for a long time ago.
I can't find another SUV that I crave for.
My ML is still "fresh" looking and a quick detail makes her look new.

So when I encounter a repair once a year, I work it out with the dealer and spend the money to get it done right.
I mean at 7 years old, parked outside, and harsh driving conditions, I do expect stuff to go wrong every once in a while. But even then, paying for the repairs is cheaper than buying a whole new car.
#21323 - in reply to #21316
Author
Posted 6/11/2006 8:38 PM
Noodles

Thanks joe.

Roadsession, we are on the same page and our ML is not going anywhere soon.
#21520 - in reply to #21323
Author
Posted 6/12/2006 9:31 AM
phoenix44

What could you get for 35k CDN that has over 300HP, kick ass looks!! Like I doon't think that you could buy a loaded Subaru for that! And, NOTHING against Subarus, I just like the ML more
#21682 - in reply to #21520
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1