Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : NEXT MOD: INSPIRATION/FINAL EDITION SEATS & TRIM

Page 1 of 3 123
NEXT MOD: INSPIRATION/FINAL EDITION SEATS & TRIM
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/13/2006 6:15 AM
pleubner

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): ML270CDI Brabus-W163,SL55 AMG-R230,ML320 CDI-W164
NEXT MOD: INSPIRATION/FINAL EDITION SEATS & TRIM

Was lucky enough to get the whole  set!... Here's  the story .....

Once upon a time ....pleubner was browsing the internet ebay listings and stumbled upon a listing of a single leather memory seat from a late MY2004 ML.

The Seat was one of those exclusive black (antracit) leather ones with the white stitching. The ones little pete was always wanting, but woujld never take the plunge to go for .... far too expensive!

Well one quick phone call to the seller proved very informative .... The seller had bought the seat from a local Junkyard in the UK without knowing that it had white stitching..... he only wanted the plain one... 

After a few quick phone calls pleubner was able to locate the other seats as well as the doior side panels at the junkyard. Another few phone calls and the deal was done. The single seat goes back to the junkyard , and the whole lot gets shipped to Germany for 947 Pounds (1350 Euros).

As it happens , a few days later pleubner remembered that someone bought a Brabus 6.1 L ML whose inside was stolen. (Seats & Trim). Having seen the buyers listing for new interior , pleubner promptly sold him his seats & trim  for 1200 Euros!

Now given the new interior arrives end of the week, as well as the buyer of his old interior does good on his promise to purchase the old seats ... pleubner is one happy little chapy!!!!

Some pics of my trim , and the new trim! The intial pics are my trim ... the last pic is what the new trim will look like....  

PS: Time to part with my leather shifter surround, and armrest cover!.... any takers?  .... It just doesn't have the white stiching....

(DSC00002.jpg)

(DSC00005.jpg)

(DSC00006.jpg)

(DSC00007.jpg)

(DSC00009.jpg)

(a3_3.jpg)

(2076283_2_full.jpg)

(aDSC00033.jpg)

(aDSC00026.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC00002.jpg (97KB - 7 downloads)
Attachments DSC00005.jpg (64KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments DSC00006.jpg (66KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments DSC00007.jpg (62KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments DSC00009.jpg (94KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments a3_3.jpg (61KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments 2076283_2_full.jpg (38KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments aDSC00033.jpg (94KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments aDSC00026.jpg (75KB - 5 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/13/2006 6:34 AM
pleubner

FOR SALE?

my parts .... as new!

A 163 680 04 39.....9C59.....Shifter Surround... (also fits MY2002+)

A 163 680 01 78.....9C59....Armrest Cover....

---------------------------------------------------

.......................................TOTAL...160 Euros 

+ shipping (20 Euros)

(Armrest & Shifter pre 2002.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Armrest & Shifter pre 2002.JPG (76KB - 4 downloads)
#22201 - in reply to #22198
Author
Posted 6/13/2006 10:04 AM
MLOffRoad

Date registered: Dec 1899
Re: NEXT MOD: INSPIRATION/FINAL EDITION SEATS & TRIM

Awesome luck you have there man... I would love to take those two parts from you but I fear it will coat an arm and a leg for shipping and taxes just as it did to ship my ORC kit. Why cant you be local??? LOL.
#22240 - in reply to #22198
Author
Posted 6/13/2006 10:51 AM
pleubner

Havn't got it yet Al ... although I have already paid for it!.... The UK Junkyard is waiting for my payment to come through before sending it.... I was hoping it would be before this weekend , so that I can do a straight swap .... the buyer of my interior is in the north of Germany ,..... and I need to drive up there on  sunday or monday ....

You sure you have to pay tax?  If they are second hand , and declared as a present?...... I have shipped loads of stuff so far to the US ..... that's why I'm assuming that it will cost approx 20Euros shipping....

For some reason those parts (Leather shifter surround & armrest) are a fraction of the cost here in germany compared to the US ..... No Idea why .....

I really don't want to let mine go before I have put the new one in ... Don't want to go off and have to buy missing parts, brackets, bolts, etc.....

#22254 - in reply to #22240
Author
Posted 6/13/2006 9:42 PM
MLOffRoad

pleubner - 6/13/2006 10:51 AM

Havn't got it yet Al ... although I have already paid for it!.... The UK Junkyard is waiting for my payment to come through before sending it.... I was hoping it would be before this weekend , so that I can do a straight swap .... the buyer of my interior is in the north of Germany ,..... and I need to drive up there on sunday or monday ....

You sure you have to pay tax? If they are second hand , and declared as a present?...... I have shipped loads of stuff so far to the US ..... that's why I'm assuming that it will cost approx 20Euros shipping....

For some reason those parts (Leather shifter surround & armrest) are a fraction of the cost here in germany compared to the US ..... No Idea why .....

I really don't want to let mine go before I have put the new one in ... Don't want to go off and have to buy missing parts, brackets, bolts, etc.....

Oh ya, you're right... if it's second hand or sent as a gift I dont pay any taxes. Well let me know when you want to let those parts go and how you want the funds transferred and we'll see if we can work something out.
#22650 - in reply to #22254
Author
Posted 6/13/2006 11:43 PM
redeye

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s):

Hey Peter
Always at the forefront with the upgrades ;-)

I have been totally out of touch with life on the forums. It's been a crazy, crazy year business wize and just haven't had the time... How did your other projects with the center console, climate, bumpers etc. proceed? Show us some recent pics of your truck's current state (or is there a post somewhere?)

#22740 - in reply to #22198
Author
Posted 6/13/2006 11:46 PM
Mklasse

RE: NEXT MOD: INSPIRATION/FINAL EDITION SEATS & TRIM

That new trim with white stitching looks awesome!

Btw, is it expensive to get the leather armrest cover from Mercedes? I want to replace mine, the current armrest cover is vinyl and its bubbling. If yours is Java, i'll fight with ML Offroad to get it off ya :biggrin:  kidding..

#22744 - in reply to #22198
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 1:16 AM
pleubner

No mine is Charcoal (Antracit)   here in this list it is 936 -9C59

(MY98-01 - Partno - 01.jpg)

(MY98-01 - Partno - 02.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments MY98-01 - Partno - 01.jpg (75KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments MY98-01 - Partno - 02.jpg (40KB - 4 downloads)
#22769 - in reply to #22744
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 1:51 AM
pleubner

If you want a Java designo (with white stitching, or even another color stiching) , then you will need the

Designo, JAVA - X30, 1A19 Color Code 

--------------------------- 

Armrest, A163 680 05 39

Shifter Surround, A163 680 14 39

or

one tone leather,  Java - Column 264, Code (? needs your VIN)

--------------------------------------

Armrest, A163 680 01 78

Shifter Surround, A163 680 04 39

PS: Send me your VIN , and I'll tell you which plain leather color code it is.

NOTE: A special explanation about the Designo Colors.... Listed is the "one color" or "two color". The "one color" refers to the white colored stitching , and the "two color"  to a stiching ion a particular color.  The code "X67" for example means a Charcoal (antracit) armrest with Brown stitching. I personally accidently ordered this for redeye, and had to return it.

All orders need to be confirmed with the factory in Germany (no Idea why). Still waiting for my confirmation on the new charcoal with white stitching.

These shifter surrounds and Armrests are definately much cheaper in Germany. In the US the designo armrest costs approx 450$US.....ouch!

(Armrest & Shifter pre 2002 - Leather Plain.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Armrest & Shifter pre 2002 - Leather Plain.JPG (48KB - 9 downloads)
#22773 - in reply to #22198
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 2:01 AM
pleubner

Just in case your confused, the partnos A163 680 05 39 & A163 680 14 39 are for the designo set, and partnos  A163 680 01 78 & A163 680 04 39 are for plain leather.

In each case you need to combine these partnos with a color code. In the case of designo it has a "X" number as well as color code number. The EPC will list which color code is needed as a footnote based on your VIN.

So for designo you can read the right color from my legend of "X" numbers directly , but for the plain leather you will neede the VIN to find the right footnote number to find the right color code from the color column.

#22775 - in reply to #22198
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 2:03 AM
pleubner

My replacement

Know what you mean M-KLASSE... this was my before/after situation

Anyone want mine? .... before I post on other forums, ebay?

Al.... Selling NOW !  Already ordered my Black/white new set!... paypal!

(my shifter - before.JPG)

(my shifter - after.JPG)

(my armrest - before.JPG)

(my armrest - after.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments my shifter - before.JPG (38KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments my shifter - after.JPG (40KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments my armrest - before.JPG (22KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments my armrest - after.JPG (28KB - 4 downloads)
#22776 - in reply to #22198
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 6:20 AM
pleubner

Special Note on the Designo Trim

When Ordering Designo Trim (Armrest, shifter surround, seat covers, etc..) you need a valid VIN to initiate the order.  The plain leather one like mine doesn't need a VIN when ordering..... but you need it to look up the color code in the EPC.

These parts are not in stock , and need to be made to order. This is why the dealer needs to contact and order from the factory directly, which will in turn ask for the VIN. The reason for this is to discourage upgrades & mods.....

So if you want the designo parts , then you need to find and note the VIN of a ML with the part you would like!.

In my case I need to find a PRE-FACELIFT ML with white stitching and black leather .... loads of facelift vehicles , but pre-facelift is a very seldom sighting.

PS: My designo seats/panels are only being shipped from the UK on Friday! :wah:  means they get here next week!

#22810 - in reply to #22776
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 6:41 AM
pleubner

Oh .. SHOCK! .... I totally missed your post redeye.... You really caught me off guard there!....  Yes still a huge backlog on mods....

Although I have all the parts for the bumper (AMG) update .... I still haven't got around to mounting them .... I was hoping to do the ML55 hood, bumpers, and complete paint all at the same time..... perhaps on the summer hols!.... Just finished the VES install.

My French mate has a MY99 ML320, and had a body shop that works together with MB do an update on the front. Just recently he damaged the new facelift bumper and I bought on for him from ebay.de. When we took the bumper off I got a real big shock! The body shop did such a bad job of relocating the brackets .... they were welded very badly .... the fog light cables were far to short, making remounting almost impossible.

I'll open a new thread with pics and measurements.

My next order of mods is:-

1. Designo Interior

2. ML55 Brake Caliper Update

3. Finally bumpers, hood, and new paint

4. PTS (leaving this till last ..... have all the parts, got a complete cockpit harness for the pts cables .... need to take it appart!)

5. Facelift interior (A/C Controls, Center console, window switches) .... Don't know if this will ever work .... have all the parts....

I know you are waiting for an update on the PTS stuff .... stay tuned until mid summer!.

PS: Had to stop mod activities and replace the transmission recently .... checkout my Transmission replacment DIY here!.

PS: PM me your VIN. I'll check for the plain JAVA leather armrest cover! I think M-KLASSE wants one as well!

#22811 - in reply to #22740
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 9:51 AM
MLOffRoad

RE: My replacement

pleubner - 6/14/2006 2:03 AM

Know what you mean M-KLASSE... this was my before/after situation

Anyone want mine? .... before I post on other forums, ebay?

Al.... Selling NOW ! Already ordered my Black/white new set!... paypal!

Oh, in that case I cant buy it... LOL

I thought you werent selling just yet, unfortunately the tranny costs left me for broke. LOL. If you still have it available in a couple weeks then I'll deffinitely take it of your hands.
#22855 - in reply to #22776
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 10:47 AM
pleubner

RE: My replacement

Al,

No Problem .... Does your transmission work properly now? .... what was the problem in the end?  a sensor? ....

#22859 - in reply to #22855
Author
Posted 6/15/2006 12:02 AM
redeye

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s):

pleubner - 6/14/2006 4:41 AM

Oh .. SHOCK! .... I totally missed your post redeye.... You really caught me off guard there!....  Yes still a huge backlog on mods....

Although I have all the parts for the bumper (AMG) update .... I still haven't got around to mounting them .... I was hoping to do the ML55 hood, bumpers, and complete paint all at the same time..... perhaps on the summer hols!.... Just finished the VES install.

My French mate has a MY99 ML320, and had a body shop that works together with MB do an update on the front. Just recently he damaged the new facelift bumper and I bought on for him from ebay.de. When we took the bumper off I got a real big shock! The body shop did such a bad job of relocating the brackets .... they were welded very badly .... the fog light cables were far to short, making remounting almost impossible.

I'll open a new thread with pics and measurements.

My next order of mods is:-

1. Designo Interior

2. ML55 Brake Caliper Update

3. Finally bumpers, hood, and new paint

4. PTS (leaving this till last ..... have all the parts, got a complete cockpit harness for the pts cables .... need to take it appart!)

5. Facelift interior (A/C Controls, Center console, window switches) .... Don't know if this will ever work .... have all the parts....

I know you are waiting for an update on the PTS stuff .... stay tuned until mid summer!.

PS: Had to stop mod activities and replace the transmission recently .... checkout my Transmission replacment DIY here!.

PS: PM me your VIN. I'll check for the plain JAVA leather armrest cover! I think M-KLASSE wants one as well!

Peter, PM sent.
#23205 - in reply to #22811
Author
Posted 6/15/2006 2:49 AM
AndrewAZ

Hey if you dont mind me asking what did the shifter cover cost? Mine has a broken connection tab and keeps rattling.
#23284 - in reply to #22198
Author
Posted 6/15/2006 4:33 AM
Mklasse

RE: Special Note on the Designo Trim

pleubner - 6/14/2006 5:20 PM

When Ordering Designo Trim (Armrest, shifter surround, seat covers, etc..) you need a valid VIN to initiate the order.  The plain leather one like mine doesn't need a VIN when ordering..... but you need it to look up the color code in the EPC.

These parts are not in stock , and need to be made to order. This is why the dealer needs to contact and order from the factory directly, which will in turn ask for the VIN. The reason for this is to discourage upgrades & mods.....

So if you want the designo parts , then you need to find and note the VIN of a ML with the part you would like!.

In my case I need to find a PRE-FACELIFT ML with white stitching and black leather .... loads of facelift vehicles , but pre-facelift is a very seldom sighting.

PS: My designo seats/panels are only being shipped from the UK on Friday! :wah:  means they get here next week!

I'm just looking for the ordinary stitching for my Java interior.. if i want to go with the designo, then I'd have to replace the whole interior like you're doing..

I will look up the VIN when i'm home later on and PM it to you.. i just need the part number and color code and see how much the dealership here charge for that part. If its too pricey, then maybe I'd bring it to the interior shop to have the bubbling vinyl replaced with aftermarket leather.

Mine is pre-facelifted ML320 (MY01), although MB Indonesia stated the car as MY02 (the facelifted one is sold here as MY03).

#23293 - in reply to #22810
Author
Posted 6/15/2006 12:13 PM
pleubner

AndrewAZ,

They are all different pricing .... It depends on wether ( or the "weather") you want designo, plain leather, or a special designo combination....

The best bet is to

1. get the VIN

2. look up the partno + color code combination you want

3. find out the US price

4. compare to the German Price 

PS: I can help with 2,4

#23370 - in reply to #23284
Author
Posted 6/15/2006 2:09 PM
pleubner

...just an update on new designo interior!

The single seat needed to be brought back to rest of the set at the junkyard!. Now the junkyard wanted to pick them up , but the guy with the single seat stalled for a few days (not telling me this on the phone ....the B%&*ç+")(=!) .... so the pickup happens tomorrow, sending of the whole set on Monday, then me receiving it eariliest Wednesday!

Means that I can't replace the interior until earliest Wedneday night! ...... I'm off to a customer site next week, but I'm going to get them delivered to the Customer 

I'll be doing the switch in the customer car park!

#23419 - in reply to #22198
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 3 123