Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : redeye, we need updates!

Page 1 of 1 1
redeye, we need updates!
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 12:40 PM
AsianML

Date registered: Dec 1899
redeye, we need updates!

How's the ML treating you? I see you are getting a G55 soon. We need details!

And welcome to PointedThree!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 7:55 PM
redeye

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s):
RE: redeye, we need updates!

Not that much to report on (which is a good thing with these cars). ML turned 5 recently with 73000 km (45000 miles) on the clock and has been running quietly and near flawlessly for a good long time apart from a bad MAF and steering angle sensor just around service time last month: both were replaced under warranty. Every time I get in a W164 or the R350 I was ferried around while getting serviced I feel satisfied that my Michelin X-Terrain and (probably 30lb's worth) Dynamat combination has given me a quieter car.

I also did my own sparkplug, rotor and pad replacement a couple of weekends ago. The plugs were still good when I pulled them but MB recommends 5 years/90000km replacement so I went ahead with new Bosch Platinum 2's. Similarly, my pads were still good (with probably a quarter of their life left) but the rotors were original and beyond MB's limit - those I replaced with Brembo cross-drilled front and rear using Wagner Thermoquiet pads. It was an all-day effort though: the 16 plugs alone took me around 3 hours.

And the ML is getting a sister (or brother) in the near future: a 2005 G55 or (even better) G55K. The new truck is my reward to myself for all my hard work recently. My wife thinks they are ugly and that suits me fine as she won't want to be seen driving it. Stay posted on that count.
#23126 - in reply to #22882
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 9:14 PM
AsianML

Re: redeye, we need updates!

Glad to hear that the ML has been running fine, and perfectly. Congrats on the 5 years, and 45,000 miles. That's really low. Ours has almost reached the 50,000 mark.

Oooh, and you got her a few presents for her 5th birthday. The Brembo's sound pretty nice, and the plugs sounded like a pain in the neck to replace.

Well, keep us updated on ML, as well as the future G55(K). The G-Wagen forum would be lucky to have such a wonderful member as you.
#23151 - in reply to #22882
Author
Posted 6/14/2006 10:10 PM
ttaleric

Good to hear from you redeye
#23158 - in reply to #23151
Author
Posted 6/15/2006 4:59 AM
JohnL

RE: redeye, we need updates!

Good to hear from you and welcome to the new form!  I was wondering about you, as you used to post alot in the other form.

My next mod when I get some time, is replacing the front rotors and pads.  Like you, I purchased the Wagner Thermoquiet.

#23295 - in reply to #23126
Author
Posted 6/15/2006 4:00 PM
alroumi

Glad to hear from you redeye, Congrats in advance on the G55K, Those W463 are amazing and monsterous
#23464 - in reply to #22882
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1