Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : lol.. cashier lady...

Page 1 of 1 1
lol.. cashier lady...
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/15/2006 9:50 AM
KERR

Date registered: Dec 1899
lol.. cashier lady...

I stopped at Zummers (big gas station) this morning as I do ever morning on the way to work to get a drink. I walk in the front door and notice two cashiers standing like they are frozen behind the counter. I walk over get my coke out of the cooler then head up to the counter. I go "You all are working hard this morning aren't you" They just look at me then slowly take my $1.25 for my drink, Then the old lady that usually works the morning shift walks out of the office laughing. I look at her like what in the world is wrong with you. She walks up laughing and pats me on the shoulder and goes. " the two new girls saw you drive up and park in the no parking zone, She goes Oh my god I hope we are not going to get robbed. That is one of those mafia things and its all blacked out, Ill stand here near the silent alarm. ". The old lady goes I just couldn't tell her it was just you and your hear ever day, I look on her face was price less...

As I was leaving you could hear the two new girls going off on the old lady who was still laughing at them..

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/15/2006 10:17 AM
gwagen460swb
Extreme Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 280GE SWB, Toyota Highlander, BMW530i, RR HSE
Re: lol.. cashier lady...

Kerr,

I had two similar events happen to me this week. The first one was amazement. The latter one was kind of scary.

On Sunday after church, there was a teenage kid who just could not keep his eyes off my G. I had never seen a young man's eyes so wide open and bugging out like that before. The G had him under a spell. His mom and dad had to hit/pat him a couple of times to go in their GMC Yukon parked beside me. I said, "You'll have one (a G) one day."

Monday was on the opposite end of the spectrum--borderline scary. A guy was following me in a pick-up--another GMC. He would not stop highbeaming and honking at me. At a stoplight, I could see him motioning me to the parking lot of the corner supermarket. He started rattling off G stats like someone rattling off stats for a professional athlete. Another enthusiast? He told me he always wanted an old G; but our MB dealer will not work on them. I told him about Sherwood Imports (501-835-8800). I think we may have another member.
#23343 - in reply to #23340
Author
Posted 6/16/2006 9:02 AM
amzimmy
Elite Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): GD300 1981, Alfa GT 3,2 V6, Alfa Brera Q4 3,2 V6.
Re: lol.. cashier lady...

A funny thing happened to me some time ago. I was filling up at a gas station out in the country, in a little village.

My G has at the back a long 1/4 wave arial, a little boy walking by with his mother suddently shouted

" Hey look Ma,.......... A RADIO CONTROLLED CAR!!!!!"

We all had quite a giggle!

amzimmy

Edited by amzimmy 6/16/2006 9:03 AM
#23836 - in reply to #23343
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1