Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : For Sale/Trade/ Wanted Items : JAYWAGON Reverse spare tire mount - new batch !

Page 1 of 1 1
JAYWAGON Reverse spare tire mount - new batch !
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 12/31/2023 1:28 PM
rallye_racer

Date registered: Mar 2023

JAYWAGON Reverse spare tire mount - new batch !

Hi Guys,

EDIT: Sorry for the long post but I promise it's worth it

I've been a long term member here but mostly lurking when needing service info for my G. I'm more involved in another forum some of you are already participating in (Club G)

For the members that don't know me I'm a 25+yrs mechanical engineering technician who is into CAD/CAM, metal fab & welding of all kinds. Interested in all things 'made in Germany' but mostly cars and tools)

Last year I bought my dream ride, a W463 G500 and upon looking into the aftermarket accessories world I found out that most of them are overpriced for what they are (if you compare similar accessories for other brands / models of 4x4's) and I tough there was a way to make better parts at more attractive prices too.

Since then, I started a small side hustle to produce G parts and accessories under the JAYWAGON brand. See JAYWAGON.com (under construction)

I am currently producing what I strongly believe to be the finest reverse spare tire mount money can buy AND at the most attractive price (I am a one man show so no middlemen).

The first batch has been sold exclusively to the Club G forum members and I am now into the production of the 2nd batch, due to ship end of January 2024.

I would like to offer other forum members who are W463 owners the chance to be part of this.

You can find all the details and pics* on the Club G 'for sale' section under the thread listed as:

FS Reverse Spare Mounts - Project

URL is : https://clubgwagen.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23618

*(Pics shown there is of the initial V1 version, current batch promoted here will feature V2 model new features as described below)

To recap, here's more details:

This mount features all the OEM mount features and is the best mount on the market right now featuring many options not found on other mounts offered in the market.

It allows for 2 mounting position : standard OEM position (lower and more centered) OR the high position for larger diameter tires (to clear bumper and retain good departure angle)

It also allows larger tires to clear rear door with included 'high offset' hardware kit.

There is 2 sets of hardware to assemble the mount to your G (one for OEM tires and the other for wider tires) + a set of 5 black wheel lug bolts to hold your spare wheel on the mount.

An all-inclusive solution of the upmost quality and finish.

Fully welded, heavy, thick steel, powder coated in a 2 step process.

Clear and easy install instructions with pics.

Keep in mind this was initially a personal project and I always do things ‘by the book’ in a very 'German quality approach'. Since I took the time to measure and CAD draw everything, I thought it would be nice to make a few to offer to this community. Wish I can stamp ‘made in Germany’ but this one is going to be ‘Proudly handmade In Canada’

No shortcuts has been made - this is a high end part at an attractive price, 2 things that don't normally go together in our world but for once they are.

Oh, and this is going to be the 2.0 version, with 4 new features:

-2 step powder coating featuring a zinc primer for the best corrosion resistance possible if you wheel your G in winter (and especially in the rust belt like me - yeah don't judge me...)

-Black matte / semi-gloss TEXTURED finish (like on many aftermarket off-road parts) that is more scratch forgiving than std smooth finish.

-2 new cross braces to further enhance sturdiness for EXTREME offroading users.

-A 1/2'' relocation of the mount 'center' for the 'HIGH' (rotated) position that would allow 33'' tires to clear the rear panel and allows for a full 90 degrees door opening. (this will place the tire a bit less than 1/2'' higher that the OEM position for the normal 'LOW' position but it's not a big deal and I figured that having a full 90 opening for taller tires was worth the modification.

Selling price will be USD $400 SHIPPED to lower 48 and Canada. Let me know if you are elsewhere and I will quote the shipping accordingly.

I will be asking for a voluntary deposit of USD $100 to all interested members to consolidate your spot on the list.

This deposit is voluntary and is only to guarantee a spot in this batch. If you are interested (but not to give a deposit) it's fine you can still be on the list but obviously the members that will have pay their deposit will be fulfilled before you.

Members interested without deposit will be listed as a 1st come base so if for example I have 5 kits left that are not already spoken for by a member who gave a deposit, then the 1st 5 members on the 'waiting list' will be fulfilled when the batch will be ready.

Keep in mind this is still a limited batch of mounts, and that there is already over 50% of the qty available that is spoken for as I am writing this. I don't plan to make another batch soon as I'm looking to develop other G parts in the near future.

If you need one it's a good time to jump on that opportunity for sure.

Cheers, Jason from JAYWAGON

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 1/31/2024 3:02 PM
rallye_racer

Re: JAYWAGON Reverse spare tire mount - new batch !

Hi Guys,
A quick update

Just wanna touch base with you so you know that my reverse spare tire carriers are now boxed and ready to ship !
Already 50% of this batch is sold and shipped.

This is the best mount money can buy, period.
See the pics added to the original post up here.

http://www.pointedthree.com/disc/forums/showthread.asp?tid=25111&mi...

I don't know if I will ever do another batch. It's a lot of work and I'm running out of time for this at the moment.

Those are USD$400 including shipping to US48 / Canada and includes all the hardware (10.9 yellow zinc) and easy to follow instructions.

Payment can be made via paypal to :
rallye_racer@hotmail.com

Upon payment a tracking number will be sent to you so you can follow it.
Let me know !

Thx Jason from JAYWAGON
#244097 - in reply to #244087
Author
Posted 2/1/2024 8:20 AM
rallye_racer

Re: JAYWAGON Reverse spare tire mount - new batch !

Hi Guys,
Just adding a few more pics of the mount on the G so members can see better what this is all about.
Bye, Jason

(1 (1).jpg)

(2.JPG)

(3.JPG)

(4.JPG)

(5.jpg)

(6.jpg)

(7.jpg)

(8.jpg)

(9.jpg)

(10-LM34-1.jpg)

(11-LM34-2.jpg)

(12-HM34-1.jpg)

(13-HM34-2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1 (1).jpg (109KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 2.JPG (152KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 3.JPG (147KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 4.JPG (146KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 5.jpg (114KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 6.jpg (121KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 7.jpg (101KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 8.jpg (127KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 9.jpg (100KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 10-LM34-1.jpg (122KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 11-LM34-2.jpg (108KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 12-HM34-1.jpg (116KB - 0 downloads)
Attachments 13-HM34-2.jpg (103KB - 0 downloads)
#244099 - in reply to #244087
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1