Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : G-Class : ptepaul - Here's How You Can Help

Page 1 of 1 1
ptepaul - Here's How You Can Help
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/16/2006 9:35 AM
DUTCH
Administrator Doppelgänger

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2015 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI,2018 Sprinter
ptepaul - Here's How You Can Help

As most of you know, Paul lost both of his legs (see the photo below) to a homicide vehicle attack in Afghanistan. He was driving a Canadian Military Gwagen, which he credits with saving his life due to its strong construction. Shortly after the attack and when folks were contacting me for his hospital mailing address to send well wishes, several people asked me if they could contribute to a fund of some sort to help him out.

Since he's back among us and recuperating and rehabilitating nicely, I told him about the offers and asked if there was anything that we could do to help. Here is his response:

>Thanks for the kind offer. Although I loathe being a charity case, I
>understand where the desire to help comes from.
>In Canada all my medical expenses for the rest of my life are
>covered, including costs of prosthetics and even vehicle modifications.
>
>So the only area that I would need help in is in some house
>renovations. Specifically the basement - I would like to make it into
>a guest room and a play room for my son Simon.
[Ed: Simon is almost 7 yrs old. DUTCH]
>
> Paul

If you would like to contribute towards the "Mercedes-Benz Gwagen Guest and Play Rooms" in Paul's basement, he has set up a PayPal account where you can make a contribution. The email address for payment is:

ptepaul at yahoo dot co dot uk

When you go to the PayPal site, there's also a place to include a personal message to Paul. If you don't want to use PayPal, I have his home address. Contact me by email, and I'll send it to you. Any contribution you make would be strictly between you and Paul.

What do you think? Would you like to contribute to help a fellow Gwagen family member who has given a lot towards making this world a safer place? Wouldn't it be neat for his guests to stay and his son to play in rooms funded by owners of the vehicle that saved his life? Go to PayPal and show him your gratitude for his service!

(Paul.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Paul.jpg (90KB - 10 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/29/2006 9:38 AM
DUTCH

A Reminder

Over 20 folks said in the original poll that they would like to help Paul with the basement playroom for his son, Simon.

I just asked Paul about the actual response to his PayPal account, and he indicatedd that the actual number who have contributed is quite a lot lower than those who spoke up in that original poll.

I'm sure that it has slipped the mind of a lot of folks. If you would like to and can help Paul build that playroom for Simon, you still can do so. The PayPal account shown in the message above this one is still good. A "Gwagen Playroom" would be a really neat way of our saying thanks to a member of our community who has given so much in the service of freedom.

Thanks for doing what you can.
#27547 - in reply to #23842
Author
Posted 7/2/2006 8:49 PM
DUTCH

One Last Thing

If you haven't read the following link, check it out:

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=d9da6bdc-509b-4c3d-...

I didn't see it until today. Click on the several pictures. The one of Paul and his son, Simon, is heart warming.

I'll leave this thread in the announcements box for the rest of this week. After all, it's both Canada Day and Independence Day in the USA this week.

Thank God for the many men and women like Paul, who help us to have and keep our independence. Thank you Paul!
#28316 - in reply to #23842
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1