Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Vans, Trucks, SUVs and Other Forums : W163 M-Class : Dealership on Monday..............

Page 1 of 1 1
Dealership on Monday..............
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/17/2006 8:55 PM
C-Rod
Veteran

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle(s): 2006 ML 350
Dealership on Monday..............

l'm bringing in my "baby' on Monday for some work....The torsion bars are acting up again............When l grab the roof rails and move the vehicle, it squeaks like crazy...........Last month they removed them and cleaned them and lubricated them....l thinks its the issue shown in the TSB about some plastic piece..l can't remember...As well, l'm having the annoying ticking sound coming from the passenger A-pillar....l've already put felt under the windshield cowl, but the noise is still there....there is also some issue about the heater box touching the body frame...don't know what that is...can anyone enlighten me on that one..........
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/17/2006 10:23 PM
redeye

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle(s):
RE: Dealership on Monday..............

Hey Carlos, what mileage do you have on your '55?
#24342 - in reply to #24330
Author
Posted 6/18/2006 5:41 AM
pleubner

Vehicle(s): ML270CDI Brabus-W163,SL55 AMG-R230,ML320 CDI-W164

Carlos ,

The ticking from the A-Pillar could well be this! Check out the pdf attached below. The other pdf's are 70k more the the "UPLOAD LIMIT"

UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,UPLOAD LIMIT,

... No I didn't  have the "paste" button stuck!

email me , and I send you the pdf's. Here is a sample one of the pdf's!.

(Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 01.jpg)

(Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 02.jpg)

(Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 03.jpg)

(Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 04.jpg)

(Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 05.jpg)

(Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 06.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Instrument Panel - Ticking Noise.pdf (2KB - 5 downloads)
Attachments Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 01.jpg (34KB - 4 downloads)
Attachments Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 02.jpg (56KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 03.jpg (14KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 04.jpg (100KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 05.jpg (50KB - 3 downloads)
Attachments Hood - hinge support - reinforce (left) - 06.jpg (9KB - 3 downloads)
#24385 - in reply to #24330
Author
Posted 6/18/2006 4:08 PM
C-Rod
Veteran

Thanks "P"..for the info.........WOW..that looks extensive......As for the mileage..l have 95,000 KM's.......................
#24480 - in reply to #24330
Author
Posted 6/21/2006 9:34 PM
Darkmann

Date registered: Dec 1899

C-Rod - 6/17/2006 8:55 PM

.....When l grab the roof rails and move the vehicle, it squeaks like crazy..... :banghead:
That may be the torsion bar but I found that lubricating the poly bushings in the rear will resolve this. Those bushings get dry and may actually crack. I lube mine whenever I take off the tires or whenever I go under the truck. Try that - any silicon spray type lubricant will do.
#25519 - in reply to #24330
Author
Posted 6/22/2006 8:49 AM
cmitch
Expert

Vehicle(s): 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4Matic, 2010 F150 Super Crew

Darkmann - 6/21/2006 8:34 PM
C-Rod - 6/17/2006 8:55 PM .....When l grab the roof rails and move the vehicle, it squeaks like crazy..... :banghead:
That may be the torsion bar but I found that lubricating the poly bushings in the rear will resolve this. Those bushings get dry and may actually crack. I lube mine whenever I take off the tires or whenever I go under the truck. Try that - any silicon spray type lubricant will do.

In support of your suggestion, it worked for me though it took a week or so for the lubricant to work it's way in. My noise is gone! 

#25608 - in reply to #25519
Author
Posted 6/23/2006 8:56 PM
C-Rod
Veteran

Guess what.............it wasn't the torsion bars......apparently the front passenger shock was compressed and causing the squeaking and creaking.....after they took it apart and put it back together..all is well...go figure..............As for the A-pillar ticking..that will be done on Monday..Apparently that will be a all-day job....
#26016 - in reply to #24330
Author
Posted 6/24/2006 4:40 PM
pleubner

Vehicle(s): ML270CDI Brabus-W163,SL55 AMG-R230,ML320 CDI-W164

Are they going to to do a hood hinge support thing?.

I've update a large number of WIS entries with all the info I have ... including the noises one!

#26187 - in reply to #26016
Author
Posted 6/26/2006 7:23 AM
OZlander

Re: Dealership on Monday..............

Re lubricating the bushes - use a non petroleum based product, they are cheaper!

No just kidding, use a non petroleum lubricant because WD-40, CRC etc can attack the bushing and make it swell. As the other guys recommended a silicon base lube, even Armourall works it just takes longer to soak in.
#26619 - in reply to #24330
Author
Posted 6/26/2006 3:03 PM
Noodles

Armor All has a lot of silcone in it.
#26715 - in reply to #24330
Author
Posted 6/27/2006 7:16 AM
OZlander

Yep, that why I said you can use it but the issue is the carrier fluid in Armour All is a bit viscous so it takes longer to get into the bushing. The spray on Dry Lubes that you use on boat sails etc are good because they go straight in. Even Mr Sheen (is it called Pledge in the US?) works OK and it sure smells nice!
#26879 - in reply to #24330
Author
Posted 6/27/2006 4:33 PM
Noodles

LOL, I would have never thought of using a furniture polish. Lemony fresh torsion bars.
#26980 - in reply to #26879
Author
Posted 6/28/2006 4:31 PM
rudeney

Noodles - 6/27/2006 3:33 PM LOL, I would have never thought of using a furniture polish. Lemony fresh torsion bars. :)

And if you're like me and use peanut butter to dress the rubber trim, you have a really "unique" smelling ML!

#27197 - in reply to #26980
Author
Posted 6/28/2006 8:57 PM
Noodles

I will just bring some Ritz crackers over for a detailing party and then we can dust your furniture.
#27313 - in reply to #24330
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1