Welcome Guest. ( logon | register )   
FAQ Member List Albums Today's Posts Search

PointedThree :  Roadster Forums : R171 SLK Class : First trip since converting suspension

Page 1 of 1 1
First trip since converting suspension
Topic Tools Message Format
Author
Posted 6/25/2006 10:30 PM
fgwinn

Date registered: Dec 1899
First trip since converting suspension

It's been several months since I conversted the sport suspension to standard suspension on my 2005 SLK350. Today was the first long freeway trip since installing the softer suspension components. I made a 350 mile trip with one stop and the car is much more comfortable than it was with the sport suspension. I prefer the AMG body kit and 5-spoke AMG wheels to the standard bumber and 10-spoke wheels. But looking back it was probably a mistake for me to get the AMG sport option. I would have been better off getting the optional wheels and sticking with the standard bumpers. I have had the front bumper repainted twice and it's already scratched again. The extra 10mm ground clearance in the front helps somewhat, but, there are still plenty of driveway and parking lot entrances just waiting to scrape the front bumper.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Author
Posted 6/25/2006 11:05 PM
bclark

RE: First trip since converting suspension

Glad you like it. I opted for the sports suspension and have been happy with it;
however, no long trips thusfar. Any downside to no longer having the sports
suspension? By the way, as an editorial comment, it's nice to see posts about
an SLK on this forum for a change.
#26512 - in reply to #26481
Author
Posted 6/25/2006 11:12 PM
fgwinn

RE: First trip since converting suspension

Many owners complain about the fact that the rear wheel well clearance on the SLK with sport suspension is too high compared to the front. The wheel well clearance is now about even front to rear on my car. I suppose the extra front wheel well clearance would be considered objectional to some forum members.
#26521 - in reply to #26481
Author
Posted 6/28/2006 10:27 AM
Ynot

Re: First trip since converting suspension

The sports suspension doesn't bother me a bit and NO, the AMG front bumper looks much more aggressive and better than the regular.
#27151 - in reply to #26481
« View previous thread :: View next thread »
Page 1 of 1 1